|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
The Amazing Transparent Man is a 1960 sci-fi picture, concerning a scientist who (under duress) develops a method for turning men invisible. The particular "guinea pig" for this method is a recently liberated career criminal (Joey Faust). Said career criminal is extorted into working for The Man Behind the Man, who is hoping to create an army for profit. Faust is enlisted to steal "atomic material" to use during the research.
Eventually, Faust discovers that the invisibility process is both unstable and deadly. It falls to the scientist and various others to stop this evil scheme before the world is truly doomed.
The Amazing Transparent Man contains examples of these tropes:
- Binocular Shot: Used twice - and thanks to the use of Stock Footage, they randomly switch camera angles and locations, even though the guy holding them is standing perfectly still.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: "...What would you do?
- Five-Bad Band
- I Love Nuclear Power: It can turn people invisible.
- Jerkass: Joey Faust
- Love Makes You Stupid: Laura
- Meaningful Name: His last name is Faust - get it?
- Nuclear Physics Goof: Apparently, leaving the uranium outside the safe while the invisibility machine's running will cause an explosion that'll destroy an entire county.
- Phlebotinum Breakdown: After Faust receives the invisibility treatment with the experimental radioactive material, he starts turning visible and invisible at random times.
- Redemption Equals Death
- Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies: At least for one county!
- Safecracking: Locks mean nothing to Faust.