The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
This film contains examples of:
- Artistic License - Davy Crockett's last scene.
- Badass - Pretty much all of the defenders fit into this trope.
- Badass Boast - The Tennesseans did this a lot in the John Wayne version, and they had the ball's to back up thier claims.
- Bittersweet Ending - Or Downer Ending, it depends (a little) on which film you watch.
- Book Ends - The Wayne film opens and closes with a view of the Mission, and the guard at his post.
- Butt Monkey - Beekeeper
- Do Not Go Gentle
- Final Battle - On the thirteenth day of the siege.
- Gallows Humor - The defenders are realistic about their odds of survival.
- Good Shepherd - The Parson, one of Crockett's Tennessee volunteers.
- Jerkass - Travis in the John Wayne film.
- Last Stand
- Oh Crap - No one ever says so out loud but, you can see it on the faces of the defenders fairly often.
- Only a Flesh Wound - Smitty tries to convince everyone (including a cute little lady that's very concerned for him) that the wound he has is nothing serious. Then Beekeeper goes and pours Whisky on it!
- Shrouded in Myth - Davy Crockett has a BIG reputation.
- Villain Song - The Mexican army plays Degüello, which translates to 'Slit throat'
- The Cavalry - Discussed but averted
- Taking You with Me - In the Wayne version, all three leading men make an effort to take as men of the enemy with them as they go.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.