|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
The Adventures of Gyno-Star is a superhero parody webcomic featuring a feminist protagonist whose tagline is "Fighting the forces of evil and male chauvinism." Gyno-Star boasts super-strength, a "Gyno sense" which alerts her when women are being discriminated against, and the power to make men feel the pain of childbirth.
"The Adventures of Gyno-Star" updates 3 times a week at gynostar dot com.
This webcomic contains examples of:
- The Cape: Gyno-Star embodies the upright superhero who abides by a strict code and moral authority (although more often she fails to live up to her own high standards).
- Arch Enemy: Vlad Deferens and The Stay-at-Home Mommy
- Psycho Sidekick: Little Sappho, Gyno-Star's teenaged sidekick, is a lot more of a political extremist than Gyno-Star, and is willing to do certain things that go against the main character's moral code. Little Sappho also fits the Kid Sidekick trope, and could be considered a Cute Bruiser because her adorable appearance belies her unusual strength.
- Straw Character: The Glibertarian is a straw Libertarian created in a laboratory to spread pro-corporate ideology.
- Trapped in TV Land: Gyno-Star gets trapped in the world of sexist beer commercials.