The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
This was the first feature film using stop-motion animation effects to be completely shot in color.
It was nominated for the 1959 Hugo Award for Best Dramatic Presentation.
The 7th Voyage of Sinbad provides examples of:
- Bald of Evil: The sorcerer.
- Cyclops: There is a cyclops that looks like a giant one-eyed satyr with a horn on its head. A second one also in that film is easy to spot--it has two horns.
- Chekhov's Gun: The giant crossbow.
- Dem Bones: Sinbad fights an animated skeleton, prefiguring the army of animated skeletons in Jason and the Argonauts.
- Eye Scream: The first cyclops is defeated when Sinbad shoves a fiery torch onto its eyeball, blinding it, and then leading it off a nearby cliff.
- Freeing the Genie: Near the end of the movie Sinbad throws the lamp into a river of lava, which frees the genie inside as was prophesied.
- Giant Flyer: The roc.
- Incredible Shrinking Man: The magician shrinks Princess Parisa as part of his plan to get the magic lamp.
- Large Ham: Sokura: "My spirit races ahead of time itself!"
- Most of the pirates count as well: "THE WIND SCREAMS LIKE TEN-THOUSAND FIENDS!"
- Siege Engines: Near the end Sinbad's sailors use a giant ballista to kill a dragon.
- Snake People: The evil magician temporarily combines a woman and a snake to create a four-armed woman with a snake's tail.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.