|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
An Image Board consisting mostly of Quests, a type of Interactive Fiction where posters suggest actions or give advice to the protagonist of a story.
This site provides examples of:
- And Now for Someone Completely Different: NORTHERN SERGAL.
- April Fools' Day: This spawned a number of joke one-shots, most of which involving Flails Breaker, a character from Bite Quest, giving out ice cream.
- Art Evolution: Some quests bear this, for example Mudy Quest.
- Creator Couple Insert Fic: "WeaveReave Quest"
- Deconstruction: Trash Quest deconstructed what would happen if someone actually found a talking ball full of imageboard posters. It was immediately smashed and shattered by a shovel.
- Many quests are designed to be deconstructions of popular fantasy tropes, though some work better than others.
- Extreme Omnivore: Penji, the Tozol from Tozol Quest. Being a hyperdimensional alien creature with a metabolism ten times as fast as a human will do that.
- Fan Nickname: Happens a lot.
- Follow the Leader:
- The Orb of Infinite Psyche.
- Rastin from Kara Quest made his way into a few other quests.
- Pokemon Day, where at least a dozen pokemon themed quests sprung up, and references were even worked into running quests.
- Gameplay-Guided Amnesia: A frequent way of explaining why the posters have no idea what's going on or about the setting
- Refuge in Audacity: Designer Dong
- Fantastic Quest had some bone-chilling visuals in its first run. Made worse that it is done completely via photos instead of art, leading to a segment where the contents of a teabox is revealed to be organs.
- Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies: Sometimes happens when quest authors get tired of their quest
- Running Gag: A good number, some of the more iconic being:
- Spiritual Successor: Nan Quest to Ruby Quest.
- Shout-Out: Happens between quests fairly often.
- Stylistic Suck: Some Quests have this artstyle, most notably Silvermoon Clan Inheritence Wars Chronicles: My Brother I Will Defeat You.
- The Wiki Rule: Tgchan Wiki
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.