|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
A list of characters introduced in Tekken 7/Fated Retribution.
A humanoid creation developed by Kazuya Mishima's G Corporation as some sort-of counter to the Jack Project of the Mishima Zaibatsu. It seems he's a once ordinary man who's been experimented on horribly, via being infused with the DNA of other fighters. It's all but screamed that he once was Katarina's master and father figure.
A savate fighter from Brazil, who's looking for her missing adoptive father who taught her how to fight.
- Expy: Of Christie, looks and story wise. Their fighting styles are very different, though.
- I Will Find You: She WILL find her Parental Substitute. Who's HEAVILY implied to have been turned into Gigas.
- Miss Fanservice: Oh yes.
A kickboxer and eskrima fighter from the Philippines, whose parents sent her to train in hopes to make her stronger. She also has a part-time job as a model, and wants to join the Tekken Forces because they helped her out when her hometown was destroyed.
- Badass Adorable
- Genki Girl
- Meaningful Name: She's named after none other than José Rizal, one of the most important historical figures of the Philippines.
- Tender Tears: She has always been a crybaby.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: She hates, hates, HATES bears. Of course, there's a bit of a Running Gag between her and Kuma. . .
Raven's boss in their organization, and a very well-regarded intelligence agent who's sent to infiltrate the latest King of Iron Fist Tournament.
- Expy: Cast in the same mold as Taki from the Soulcalibur series, the sister franchise to Tekken, for being well-endowed female ninjas with an acrobatic moveset. Similarly, she's also a gender-flipped version of Strider Hiryu, for both exhibit similar personalities of being no-nonsense shinobi who value their duty above all else.
A mysterious Italian man with a tattoo on his face and an untapped sort-of power in his arm. He leads a group known as the Archers of Sirius, the most powerful exorcists in the world; the Mishima Zaibatsu has shown sheer interest in their activities, and Claudio wants to know exactly why they set their sights on him and his fellow Archers.
- Badass Bookworm: A slender and cultured young man, who's also a great fighter.
- Kung Fu Wizard: His fighting style.
- Manipulative Bastard: Heavily implied to be one. He seems to be using Xiaoyu in whatever plans he has against the Zaibatsu. One of the Pachinko games has a whole mini-story about this.
- Power Tattoo: Oh yeah. Especially in his Right Red Hand.
- Refusal of the Call: If the Mishima Zaibatsu is the one delivering said call? Yeah. The Archers are fiercely independent and Claudio does NOT intend to change that.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: And HOW.
- Tall, Dark and Handsome: Oh yeah.
A Saudi Arabian man who works as a very famous and tough bodyguard. One of his friends, a Honest Corporate Executive, died in very odd circumstances, and he believes Kazuya's G Corporation was behind this.
- Animal Motifs: Hawks and falcons, more exactly the peregrine falcon. Justified, considering that the Middle East has a strong falconry tradition.
- Badass Beard
- Hunk: Oh my. . . He seems to be an expy of the Iraqi-Emirati model and photographer Omar Borkan Al Gala, better known as "the guy who was SO HOT he got kicked out of Saudi Arabia for it"
- Nice Hat: His Ghutrah / Keffiyeh head scarf.
- Private Military Contractors: Shaheen works in a company of these, offering his fighting skills for hire.
- Tall, Dark and Handsome
Kazumi Mishima, née Hachijou
The wife of Heihachi Mishima and the mother of Kazuya, who died many years ago in very odd and dramatic circumstances. . . She's actually the one who brought the Devil Gene to the Mishima clan, and at some point she tried to kill Heihachi (despite loving him and the then very young Kazuya) half due to the Gene, half because she foresaw that he'd bring ruin to the world. Heihachi killed her in self-defense, and few afterwards a child Kazuya angrily confronted him on it, which led to the whole Mishima clan tragedy. . .
- Beauty Mark: Under her right eye.
- Childhood Friend Romance: A young Kazumi was sent to the Mishima dojo to study martial arts with Jinpachi, and in the way she and her sensei's son Heihachi fell in love and got married. She was actually sent there to gain Heihachi's trust and kill him if he got too ruthless and ambitious, following the clan's purpose of stomping out people who gained too much power and used it for evil. She wasn't too happy about it, though, since she did love Heihachi back and also loved Kazuya.
- Dead All Along: Or is she? Yes, she is. The Kazumi fought at the end of the game is her spirit.
- Good Parents: To Kazuya. He's genuinely shocked and heartbroken (as much as someone like HIM can be) when it's revealed that she wanted him dead too, not because she hated him (she doesn't) but due to the Devil Gene (and the crimes he commited as an adult).
- Hair Decorations: A golden kanzashi pin in the form of a phoenix, plus some red ribbons. The pin might be a Power Limiter for her Devil side, however.
- Knight Templar: She comes from a full clan of these, who are fully and ruthlessly dedicated to stomp out evil.And that's why she tried to kill Heihachi AND also wanted Kazuya dead: her husband was prophesied to ruin the world AND her son inherited her Devil Gene. No matter her feelings, she'd have to bring them down. It's absolutely zero coincidence that she tried to kill Heihachi (and was subsequently killed) right around the time he orchestrated Jinpachi's fall and the takeover of the once-benevolent Mishima Zaibatsu.
- The Mentally Ill: Subverted: Some time after Kazuya's birth, Kazumi suddenly fell ill and developed what Heihachi believed to be a Split Personality that led her to attack him. He was wrong: it was an effect of her Devil Gene.
- The Promise: Someone in the cast made her one, in exchange for her saving their life. That person is Akuma (yes, THAT one). The promise was to kill Heihachi and Kazuya, should they become evil AND if Kazumi failed to do so herself.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: She has the looks, the speech patterns and the mannerisms. Unless she's under the influence of the Devil Gene, that is.
A gigantic Thai man who's an expert at traditional Muay Thai and is seen as legendary for, in his youth, surviving being hit by lightning. He's been forced to become a Boxed Crook for corrupt government officers, who hold his beloved family hostage.
A very cute (on the outside) pop idol, who's been fascinated by JPN idol culture ever since childhood. She's hired by Kazuya's G Corporation to be their sort-of face in the seventh King of Iron Fist Tournament.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Can be pretty mean when she wants to.
- Occidental Otaku: An Affectionate Parody of one.
A Guest Fighter who is one of the most popular characters in the Street Fighter universe. He's come into this one to fulfill an honor debt to a Tekken character that he was friends with in the past. Said friend is none other than Kazumi, the late matriarch of the Mishima clan. And the promise? As said above, it's to kill Heihachi and Kazuya if they ever became evil.
Noctis Lucis Caelis
Another Guest Fighter, from Final Fantasy XV. The wandering prince of the Lucis Kingdom who, in his world, is on a quest with his friends (Ignis, Prompto and Galdiolus) to obtain legendary weapons that they need to both fight back against the invasion of Lucis and confirm Noctis as the new King. He takes a bit of a detour in the Tekken stage to help out an old friend of his, who happens to be Lars Alexandersson.
- Teleport Spam: Toned down from his home series, but he can still use this with his attacks.
- Throwing Your Sword Always Works: Most of his attacks that use Teleport Spam involve this as well.
- Badass Normal: While hardly uncommon in the Tekken games, he stands out by being largely self taught in combat, hailing from a series with an even more hard realism take than Tekken, only having a barbed wire bat as support, and is an entirely mortal man who can somehow still stand toe to toe with trained martial artists, robots, Half-Human Hybrids, and full on demons.
- Batter Up: Lucille, his trusty barbed wire covered bat.
- Combat Pragmatist: True to his depictions in his home series, he's not at all uncomfortable fighting dirty.
- Evil Versus Evil: Given he's hardly the most moral of people, it hard to know who to cheer for when he's facing someone like Heihachi or Kazuya.
- Go-Karting with Bowser: Even Negan can take part in Tekken Bowl.
- Ink Suit Actor: Directly modeled after his TV series actor.
An American man who used to be a gang leader in his youth, until his gang and family were wiped out. Having barely survived (but losing an eye in the process), he was rescued by a boat and eventually reached Hong Kong, staying there and mastering the Wing Chung fighting style. 50 years later he returns to the USA and kickas gangster ass aplenty, and then finds out that the Mishima Zaibatsu might have been behind the gang war that took everything away from him.
The daughter of the original Kunimitsu, she also wants to defeat her mom's old rival Yoshimitsu.
- Badass Adorable: A pretty cute young lady, but also a VERY skilled ninja who actually defeats Yoshi in her trailer AND take his swords
- Beauty Mark: On the right side of her face
- Facial Markings: Under her eyes
- Legacy Character: Oh, yes.
- Multicolored Hair: She has dark hair with some reddish tresses, contrasting with her mom's red hair.