|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Raven, the Comically Serious Deadpan Snarker, is a great source for these:
- "Next time you're looking to steal something, you might want to pick a target we can't see from our living room."
- "A giant chicken. I must be the luckiest girl in the world."
- Her reaction when the only way to escape the flooding H.I.V.E base is to ride out in Beast Boy's mouth as a whale? "I'd really rather just stay here and drown."
- Made better by the fact that after she says this, Beast Boy gives a little shrug and runs off, apparently QUITE willing to let her do just that.
- The first Mad Mod episode, the Titans are just back together discussing what they went through, Raven's contribution? One word, "gym."
- "Robin, could the music be a little louder? I can still hear myself think!"
- Adding to this list: "Evil beware, we have waffles."
- Just one more Raven -- Cyborg has a computer virus that makes him an Extreme Omnivore.
Cyborg: I know! Let's have waffles! Raven! You like waffles, dontchoo?!
Raven: [deadpan] More than life itself.
- And one more Raven:
Beast Boy: So... she's trapped in the pie?
Raven: Eh, sure, why not.
- Still more Raven:
Raven: (about to take a bite of her burger and stops, halfway setting it down and pointing) Okay... I can't eat until that THING stops looking at me.
Said Thing: (turns out to be a giant steak with googly eyes and flailing bendy arms with its tongue between its teeth. It speaks in a high pitch voice.) It's meeeeeaaaaatastic!
- "That would've been a lot more profound without the hat."
- In "Hide and Seek" when Raven attempts to make a funny face at Teether.
- Also in "Hide and Seek", Raven's spectacular attempt at a bedtime story. Raven's just a very talented babysitter in general.
- In "Forces Of Nature", when a prank of Beast Boy's goes wrong, accidentally getting Starfire, she delivers a Tamaranian insult, followed by Raven's remark:
Raven: You are such a chlorbag.
- "So do we get bathroom breaks?"
- "Okay...really not something I needed to see."
- Raven (while strapped to Rhino!Beast Boy) "And now I smell like rhino butt.
- As well as:
Starfire: Let us initiate a Group Hug!
Raven: (completely deadpan) Pass...
- The entirety of "Employee of the Month."
- Especially Bob and the Source...
Robin: Don't you think this place is a little... weird?
Beast Boy: Dude, they have fries made out of meat! YES, this place is weird!
Bob: Say goodbye, Tammy.
Beast Boy: *incensed* Dude, that's a GIRL NAME!
- "You're just jealous 'coz I sound like a rock star."
- Beast Boy. With a cold. Turns into a frog. Cue chibi!Starfire and chibi!Raven cracking up.
- Starfire: "Why, yes! Today is... Gorb-Gorb, the Tameranean festival... of... um... berating drapery! STUPID CURTAINS!"
- How about this bit?
Beast Boy Puppet: Dude! Get your butt out of my face!
Robin Puppet: Can't move. Deal with it.
- There's that time Starfire is giving Robin the cold shoulder for protesting a little too loudly, "SHE'S NOT MY GIRLFRIEND!!!"
Robin: I don't think you understand. On our planet, "girlfriend" means-
Starfire: -a female with whom you have a pleasant and special association, including the sharing of enjoyable recreation and occasionally the buying of bountiful floral arrangements.
Robin: *fiddles with his collar nervously as a nuke goes off in the background* Okay... maybe you do understand.
- Aw man, that episode was chock full of these.
Robin: Look, will you please just stop and talk to me?
Starfire: So, you are now prepared to explain why I am neither a girl nor your friend?
Robin: (stammering) Uh-I-w-well..
Starfire: It appears that the grisnik has got your tongue. (walks away)
Robin: *facepalms* Shoulda let that slug eat me when I had the chance...
- Her funniest moment had to be this exchange, in part because it's played so completely straight as the Titans are losing a dramatic battle:
Beast Boy: My butt can't take much more kicking.
Starfire: It can, and it will!
- Starfire again:
Robin: Starfire? <Starfire shrieks in surprise and falls out of the air> Um... where's the sofa?
Starfire: <Star looks around and sees Silkie has eaten the sofa> Uh... your Earthly ways are strange. Please, what is this so-fa of which you speak?
- The breather episode "Revved Up" has several. Starfire and Raven pretending to be the evil "Dr. Mumgam" and "Henchy" with Starfire failing at it, and then the wrecked T-car going through a tunnel and emerging from it as Cyborg on a single axle with Beast Boy as a horse on the reins.
- From "Every Dog Has His Day", Starfire & Raven are focusing on a crystal ball, with Raven describing how they:
Raven: Need peace, and absolute-"
(Beast Boy's head appears warped, on/in the ball): DUDES!!
(the girls scream and clamp onto each other)
- What, no love for the episode starring Robin's inter-dimensional counterpart, Larry? When they wind up breaking reality, Beast Boy loses his mouth, and steals Raven's so that he can speak. Then SHE steals Cyborg's...then HE steals Starfire's. I do wonder how the voice actors avoided cracking up, especially Cyborg's having to imitate Raven's deadpan-ness.
- Also would be Larry's excitement over his new moniker, saying his name over and over again while doing er...interesting things with the titans.
- MISTER LARRY
- Right after Larry appears via splitting off from Robin's head Raven provides this gem.
Raven: Didn't see that coming.
- Why Starfire is jealous of Blackfire...
Starfire: And she always knows when people are not talking about shovels!
- The origin of that quote, when the team goes to a bar with Blackfire and she's getting along unlike Starfire, some men approach her.
Man: Hey, hot alien chick, digging the scene?
Starfire: Um, I did not know that I am supposed to bring shovels?
Men & the rest: -LOL-
- When the rest of the Titans meet her for the first time:
Beast Boy: (re: Blackfire laughing at his joke) See? She thinks I'm funny!
Raven: Statistically, I suppose someone has to.
Beast Boy: *DEATH GLARE*
- "MY FRIENDS ARE NOT PIE!"
- From "The Quest" - "The mask makes me feel cool, too."
- "Did you NOT see the movie? When you split up the monster hunts you down one by one. Starting with the good-looking comic relief guy...ME! And I'm probably delicious!"
- "I'd like to go to jail now, please."
- The entirety of "Lightspeed".
- Another one: While Robin is away seeking training, the other Titans raid his room and start wearing his spare costumes, till Raven walks in, and says, "This is just disturbing" - after which she of course joins in, only to have Robin himself walk in...it just really works.
- The beginning of "The Lost Episode" has Robin and Cyborg playing a video game, Starfire cooking alien food, and Raven reading her book when Beast Boy comes in with a boombox turned up loud and decides to crank it up more by plugging it into the main power grid, which causes everything to go haywire and the tower loses power and everything goes dark. In great Steve Urkel fashion, Beast Boy says "Did I do that?"
- From Revolution: "I'm American!" "You're welcome."
- Don't Touch That Dial. Just, just everything.
- Cyborg in the cheesy soap opera:
Woman: Oh, Lance! I didn't mean to make you fall madly in love with me. But ever since Joaquim left with my evil half-sister...
Cyborg: Yo! I don't love you, my name's not "Lance" and I just need to know if you've seen a fat guy in an overcoat!
Woman: Oh, Lance! <kisses him passionately>
<door opens behind Cyborg and a guy with an eyepatch enters>
Guy With Eyepatch: What the...?
- Raven at the football game.
Commentator: Oh, hoho, that had to hurt! Let's look at the replay, Chuck! You know, I'm not sure why a Teen Titan in on the field at the Championship game, but this is just a great defensive play by the Steel City Tigers.
- Starfire in the Dr. Suess-esque cartoon, rhyming along with the characters.
Pelican: Oh have you seen my hippo? He hides and I must seek!
Starfire: I cannot play, please do you know a strange man named Control Freak? He is big, not tall, and nasty, and know for causing strife. He escaped into the TV-
Beast Boy (while being chased by a laser shooting robot): HEY STAR, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!
- Robin's forceful smile in Date With Destiny:
Kitten: Would it kill you to smile!?
Robin: -REALLY makes a forced, wide smile- -cracking sound effects- Maybe.
- Starfire makes the best faces in that episode. The best one comes when she's at the punch bowl and some poor sap makes the mistake of asking if she can move so he can get some punch. It has to be seen to be believed.
- In "Transformation," as Beast Boy desperately waits to use the bathroom he is exposed to, among other things, Robin performing the classic garden hose gag, followed by a baffled Aside Glance. Then there's Cyborg pouring himself a glass of water from the sink. Shortly after we see Raven moving two rocks to let water pass mimicking the same gag but from a "female" perspective.
"L, M, N, O, PEEEEEE"!
- "This is the greatest pie. In the history of pie."
- The following:
Starfire: Oh, hello long-lost friend!! You remember me, yes?
Terra: Of course, Starfire. I still have bruises from the last time you hugged me.
- Pretty much everything Beast Boy and Cyborg do in "Stranded," highlights being Beast Boy turning into a wookiee and Cyborg resigning to BB's inability to understand scientific terminology, telling him to "pull the red candy cane thingamozy."
- From the same episode we have the adorable little alien thingies that worship Raven, constantly going, "Shala!!"
- Robin and Starfire have some of the best interactions
- From Stranded:
Robin: SHE'S NOT MY GIRLFRIEND!
Starfire: I am not your friend?
Starfire: I am not a girl?
- And date with destiny:
Killer Moth: And Robin... will take this lovely young lady to her junior prom.
Kitten: Hi Robbie-Poo.
Robin: Uh, what was that last one?
Starfire: Robin, who is this girl? And why does she call you "poo"?
- Robin's reactions to Starfire's line are hilarious.
- Even in the depths of rage and jealousy, Starfire does not once break from her speech pattern:
"Odium! Scandal! Atrocity! These demands must not be met! -Snip- Out of his mind if he thinks you would even consider such a distasteful-!"
- Mumbo calls for a lovely assistant from the audience and yanks Starfire down with a cane. He then assembles a "sawing-a-woman-in-half thin-model box" around Starfire. As he prepares to perform the "trick", he adds:
Mumbo: It's only fair to warn you... I Have No Idea What I'm Doing.