|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: A character who's never had coitus, but has done other things.
- Straight: Sally has never had vaginal intercourse, but has had oral and/or anal sex.
- Exaggerated: Sally has done just about every sex act apart from actual coitus.
- Justified: Sally has a high sex drive, but is afraid of getting pregnant, and doesn't trust birth control.
- She has some kind of Virgin Power that she'll retain as long as she doesn't have vaginal sex.
- She's a lesbian.
- Her morals prevent her from having vaginal sex before marriage, but she considers it OK to do other acts.
- Inverted: Sally's had genital-genital sex, but that's the only kind she's ever had
- Or Sally uses agenitalic sexual activity (ie kissing) to claim that she isn't a virgin
- Subverted: Sally has a reputation for being quite open-minded but virginal, but another character hears otherwise in the bathroom stall.
- Alternatively, Sally is a virgin, but she is Genre Savvy about matters concerning sexual techniques and health because she has read up on the subject, knowing that the information will come in handy someday.
- Double Subverted: As it turns out, the characters outside of the bathroom just used an Unusual Euphemism or turned out to be misinformed. Sally is still a technical virgin.
- Parodied: Sally has quite the reputation, but insists on thinking of herself as a virgin.
- Deconstructed: Because she doesn't see it as sex, Sally doesn't bother with protection or STI testing. She soon regrets it.
- Reconstructed: She's sensible enough to reduce the risks.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Sally has the regular kind of sex.
- Enforced: Sally's supposed to be The Cutie, so she might lose sympathy points if she actually has sex, but the producers don't want her to look like a total prude either.
- Sally is a character in a porn video that caters to this specific fetish.
- Lampshaded: "For a virgin, you sure seem to know a lot."
- Invoked: Sally decides that she would do something for her dear boyfriend for their anniversary together, but she wants to save her virginity until her wedding night. The decides that oral sex would be best, since television tells her that this would technically allow her to retain her virginity.
- Exploited: Greg looks for Sally since he is looking for a woman who is willing to perform anything but vaginal sex, because he views vaginal sex as an obligation but he doesn't enjoy it. His real pleasure comes from oral or anal sex.
- Defied: When Sally gives or receives oral for the first time, she stops considering herself a virgin.
- Discussed: "Sally, if you're not ready to go all the way, then you should wait or make him work for it before you decide to give him a concession."
- Conversed: "Is this that new teen drama flick? I always hate how they paint the 'innocent' characters like that Sally as a pure and innocent because of how she's a slut that won't do the regular stuff."
Back to Technical Virgin
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.