|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
- Jane's Attack! Attack! Retreat! Retreat! below.
- "Put me down. Put me down!. Whoapickmeuppickmeup!"
- When Jane gets caught on a vine during the chase, Tarzan is swinging away then he sees he's lost her and his look of absolute exasperation is priceless. It's like, "Oh, for the love of..."
- When Tarzan unknowingly gets a little too personal (read: trying to see what was underneath Jane's skirt), Jane's sudden pitch change, delivery and kick to his face was just perfect.
- In the sequel, Terk does an amazing Kerchak impersonation.
- "And I was saved! I was saved by a flying, wild man in a loincloth!"
- When Clayton tries to teach Tarzan English by drawing on the chalkboard and he gets frustrated:
Clayton: (shaking his fist at Tarzan) No! No, no, no, no, no!
- And when he asks Tarzan where the gorillas are.
Clayton: Where are the gorillas? (Tarzan tries to examine, but Clayton grabs him by his wrist) GORILLAS!
- This exchange:
Tantor's Mother: For the last time, honey, there are no piranhas in Africa...
Other Elephant: MY BUTT!!!
- Baby Tarzan and Kala's first meeting. Just try and watch their reactions without laughing.
- Tarzan repeating everything Jane says. "No, no, no, no, *clears throat* I'm Jane"
- Or this bit...
Jane: (As Tarzan grabs her to go vine swinging again) Ummm...uh...can't we WAAAAAAAAAAALK!
- Don't forget Jane's entire rant about her first encounter with Tarzan:
"And Daddy... they took my boot!"
- What makes it even better? Most of that speech was ad-libbed.
- There's also how hilariously excited Jane's father gets when she tells him about Tarzan. When she mentions how Tarzan moves around with his hands on the ground, he comments that it sounds like how Jane's aunt walks around.
- Terk in Jane's dress.
- "Actually, I think that dress is very slimming." "Really? I thought it was a little reaveling."
- Tantor freaking out at the campsite, capping off with a pan to tableware resembling Mrs. Potts and Chip
- When Tantor forces Terk to join him in rescuing Tarzan, and sets off for the ship by leaping straight off of a cliff and into the ocean.
Tantor: (thrilled) I NEVER FELT SO ALIVE!"
- This is followed up when we see Tantor climb on the ship and start beating up Clayton's men. Cut to below deck, where Tarzan, Jane, and Jane's father are all being held captive. Tantor's foot goes through the deck and stops just above the father's head, as Tantor gives a trumpet. Cue the father completely missing the massive foot above his head and commenting "That sounded just like an elephant!"
- And when the Professor punches the ship's wall just as Tantor's weight tips the ship and sends everyone slipping to the side. The Professor then remarks "Don't know my own strength".
- "Trashin' The Camp".
- The funny part is that during the song, we cut to Kerchak and the herd, then to the professor and Clayton as they faintly hear the music and glass breaking.
- Professor Porter swinging on a vine with his own loincloth and imitating Tarzan's yell at the end.
- Heck on our very own trope page...the caption of the page image is what sells it for me.