|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Tally Road is a erotic Furry Comic which works a sort of judo trick- rather than feigning plot and relevance and then sneaking in boobies for fan service, it flaunts boobies and non-anthro penises, and then refuses to break character or context, so the sexual drives of the characters set up conflicts and plot developments, and it's the characterization and plot usually cited by fans.
The comic's art started out horrible, but after several hundred updates it ended up rough but serviceable. There seems to be a concerted effort to learn anatomy, which is appropriate if not always gracefully handled.
Tally Road updates weekdays The update schedule is very consistent, other than a tendency to update very late in the day- the usual time for an update seems to be around 6 PM EST.
Above link is SFW. Please, no direct NSFW links on this page.
Tally Road provides examples of:
- Anything That Moves: Magarce.
- Ax Crazy: Magarce.
- Being Evil Sucks: Finn first appears as a rapist and kidnapper conducting a sex slave trade for money- and right on the verge of a Heel Face Turn and Lima Syndrome over spunky 'Eight'.
- Big Bad: Elistary Brinmont Doestral Evensring (Relf). Kidnapped aristocrat. No, renegade whorehouse madam buying her way into success. No, slave trader stocking her house with runaway girls. No, dominatrix contriving to make her girls psychologically submissive to her. Where will it end? Bad doggy!
- Brain Bleach: Snake lady Siertes taunts Boodins by doing tricks with her tongue, leading to much mental trauma. "I'll never lick myself again!" - Boodins
- Chaotic Stupid: Magarce, natch. "What? You're the one who pointed a gun at them! That never works! They act all insulted and they're like, OH, so authority comes out of the barrel of a gun? Ha ha, I reject your hierarchical systems, you'll just have to shoot me!" "...Then you shoot them?" "Yup!"
- Deliberately Monochrome: The comic is done in pencil, ink and ink wash- there was a brief flirtation with color that wasn't very good, and then it was all about the grayscale.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Finn's rejection of Elistary- and Derrz.
- Funny Animal: the basic genre, somewhat subverted in that true Funny Animal is typically not X-rated ever.
- Furry Fandom: The author, 'Jinxtigr', has been in furry fandom since at least 1998, and was even on staff at Anthrocon in 2004.
- Gag Penis: "So... what's with this... mutant TENTACLE DICK of yours?" "I'll do it in slow motion- you'll be both astonished and gratified!" (definitely not Exactly What It Says on the Tin)
- Harmony Versus Discipline: Rairate is deeply committed to his strange, restrictive cultural protocols, but is troubled. Boodins and a lot of the cat whores and Mags are devoted to personal freedom, but it doesn't always serve them well. It's Rai for badassery, and the expatriate kitties for... assery. There's no clear winner, but there are clear sides.
- Heel Face Turn: Finn. Set up by him being a sexy wolfcake bastard, and complicated by the fact that he doesn't get to retcon the horrible things he's done, or even ignore them...
- Hot Skitty-On-Wailord Action: Averted. The only time two characters of like species have sex, the male puts on a condom. It's anybody's guess as to whether Runge (wolves) can reproduce with Resten (dogs)- the trope may be so averted that even that coupling isn't fruitful.
- Interspecies Romance: All over the place. Mags pounces anything sticky-outy, Boodins yearns for felines, Dene gets squishy for Tompar (snake/lizard people)... it's like a universe of closet or not-so-closet xenophiles.
- Just Friends: Rairate and Dene Tieschtet.
- Lima Syndrome: Finn. The "It's A Perfect Day" arc is literally all about this trope and its practicalities- or impracticalities.
- Love Hurts: The frustrated gay fox Perre.
- More Than Mind Control: Elistary's 'rescue'. Feigning the role of a rescuer, then hitting her victim with a trigger word to seize dominance, and then the little smile of satisfaction...
- Not Safe for Work: It's a webcomic with a cat whorehouse on the planet of the wolf people with explicit renderings of erect doggy dick. I'd like to know what possible work this would be safe for, honestly...
- Odd-Shaped Panel: especially in action scenes or dramatic moments.
- Out with a Bang: Almost literally! Magarce, busily raping a dog boy on the back of a moving flatbed truck, is forcibly knotted when the truck hits a pothole, and faints dead away. It appears it's killed her- until the next update. The background and panel borders are even ripped away as if the world itself is wrenched from her consciousness.
- Playing to The Fetishes: if you are emphatically a furry.
- Porn with Plot: or vice versa- anytime things get really seamy, watch for the inevitable consequences, which are quick to crop up.
- Rape Is Love: viciously averted in the Darkest Before The Dawn arc, where "Eight" aka Allie is raped very patiently and carefully to make her respond (it's explicitly said in dialogue that this has happened before). The final act of domination is giving her a choice- endure hours of rape, or go along with it in order to reach climax sooner and have it be over. When she chooses the latter, she's extremely vulnerable just afterwards- but Finn is not planning for her to attach to him.
- Spikes of Villainy: Finn's bondage mask in the Darkest Before The Dawn arc.
- Unfazed Everyman: Boodins Earncy, hapless teen puppy.