|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: A dreaming character meets another, real character and they talk while he dreams.
- Straight: Edwin, dreaming of a meadow, sees his old Mentor Godfrey come over it and explain to him where he is, and why Edwin must go and find the MacGuffin.
- Exaggerated: Sleeping characters land in a Dream Land where they are always bumping into each other.
- Downplayed: ???
- Justified: ???
- Inverted: Harold, a dream figure, comes out of Dream Land to warn Edwin.
- Subverted: Edwin dreams of Godfrey and realizes that it's just a Wish Fulfillment on his part.
- Double Subverted: Nevertheless he obeys, and Godfrey is delighted; no other student of his had obeyed, and it could have been disasterous.
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: ???
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: Godfrey uses it to communicate where the Evil Sorcerer can't overhear them.
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Talking in Your Dreams
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.