|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Describe Tales Designed to Thrizzle here.
Tales Designed to Thrizzle is a Dada Comic by Michael Kupperman, which takes inspiration from The Golden Age of Comic Books, CopShows, cut-out-and-mail-in advertisements, and whatever else he feels like writing about. Surreal Humor Ensues.
A television pilot was created for Snake 'n' Bacon, which aired on Adult Swim in May 2009.
Tales Designed to Thrizzle went on to be nominated for the 2007 Harvey Award for Special Award for Humor in Comics.
And me? I'm a grilled cheese sandwich, $4.99, with a fountain soda of your choice, no extra charge.
- Ax Crazy. Twain and Einstein Depending on the Writer.
- Boy Band. They call themselves Boybank.
- Buddy Cop Show. Twain and Einstein and Snake 'n' Bacon.
- Captain Obvious. "Need to get somewhere? Why not use transportation?"
- Choose Your Own Adventure
- Cluster F-Bomb. Used in a Fake Advertisement, because it's the writer's "way of being enthusiastic."
- Cool Airship. The Sex Blimps. Just make sure to watch your step whilest boarding them.
- Fake Advertisement
- Historical Villain Upgrade. Pablo Picasso is always in a bad mood, beats up rainclouds, and constantly threatens to chop up people "into leetle cubes!"
- Informed Ability and Informed Flaw. Not only can Snake 'n' Bacon carry on a conversation, they apparently also have a lot of attitude. Pretty impressive considering that Snake can only say "Sssss" and Bacon can only recite preparation instructions.
- Lawyer-Friendly Cameo. The Hardly Boys, Dick Crazy
- Ninja Pirate Robot Zombie. Drunken Pirate District Attorney!
- No Celebrities Were Harmed. Averted. Mickey Rourke, The Monkees, Buzz Aldrin, NSYNC, President Taft, and Michael Caine appear.
- Running Gag
- Super Window Jump. As done by The Bittern and Jungle Princess.
- Two-Fisted Tales. Starring Two-Fisted Poe.
Quoth the raven: Lights Out!
- What Do You Mean It Wasn't Made on Drugs?
- What Kind of Lame Power Is Heart, Anyway? The Mannister can turn into a banister.