The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
If the detectives find the case, they get the money. If they don't find it within 48 hours, the contestants get the money.
Game Show Tropes in use:
- All or Nothing: One group gets the cash, one group gets to waste two days.
- Rules Spiel: Given to the contestants immediately after they're given the case. (There's apparently a recorder/playback device in the case.)
- Show the Folks At Home: We're shown where the contestants hide the case.
Tropes used in Take the Money And Run include:
- Briefcase Full of Money
- Cops And Robbers: As it's been compared to.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: In the second episode, one of the detectives is the same detective that's been on several episodes of A&E's The First 48.
- Idiot Ball: With just hours left on the clock, one of the contestants in the premiere just tells the interrogators where the case is. Just coughs it up. It's not like this is an actual police investigation, where they can threaten you with a trial or imprisonment, and this guy just rats.
- The interrogators are purposefully tossing balls at the team to see who will catch and hold it. If they spot an overconfident contestant, it's just a matter of getting them talking and pushing the conversation the right direction.
- You Have 48 Hours
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.