The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Broken Base:
- The original OVA looking like it was filmed on a shaky handheld camera with focus problems. One group of fans found this style of animation unique, while others found it to be annoying.
- The ending to the spin-off OVA series, Hell Knight Ingrid or Makia Kishi Ingird. Fans either enjoy the a happy ending of Ingrid and Murasuki getting their long awaited revenge on Kiryuu, or hate because it teases a scene of both Ingrid and Murasaki being rape by a Cerberus-like demon, only for it to not occur. Their are a few fans that actually wish OVA would have ended on a bad ending were Ingrid and Murasaki are forced to be Baby Factories for Kiryuu's hell hound.
- The OVA of Taimanin Asagi 2 in general.
- Come For The Hentai Stay For Wakamoto: Anybody who watched this hentai would be fine just listening to his voice.
- Complete Monster:
- Counterpart Comparison: Its hard not to talk about this series without compare it to Lilith-Soft others works like Kangoku Senkan, Tentacles and Witches, Tokumu Sousaka Rei & Fuko, and Koutetsu no Majo Annerose.
- The series seems to take some inspiration from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. Just replace the cyborgs with demons.
- A series about ninjas fighting demons in an Urban Fantasy setting, with plenty of Fanservice. Are we talking about Taimanin Asagi or Ninja Gaiden?
- In terms of recent anime, some fans have pointed out that Studio Trigger's Ninja Slayer does share some similarities to this series, namely taking place in a dystopian future with a bunch of ninjas running around. There is also quite a bit of crossover fan art between the two series. It also helps that many of the female characters from Ninja Slayer, namely Nancy Lee and Dragon Yukano/Amnesia, can easily pass off as Taimanin in terms of character design.
- Asagi herself is one to Soul Calibur's Taki, right down to their similar appearances and personality.
- The comparisons with Kiryu and Professor Hojo are simply too obvious to ignore, as both are bespectacled amoral mad scientists who have no problem experimenting others to further their plans, complete with delusions of godhood, as well as their monster forms when confronted by the protagonists.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: The ending theme, Mugen Renga.
- Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy: It's a hentai about Superhero ninjas being sexually tortured. If you follow the entire series, it's slightly more bearable knowing that the canon ends of each game aren't totally grimdark Downer Endings, but the trope can still be induced.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Ingrid, is the most notable example. Even though she was just the third billing character in Taimanin Murasaki, after Murasaki herself, and Sakura. Ingrid was so popular with the fan base that she got an entire OVA series dedicated to her.
- The card game "Taimanin Asagi: Battle Arena" introduces many new characters that qualify as this, however there is just too many to list them all. Still, Tokiko Fuuma and Ren Ikenami merits special mention.
- Many of the characters' Super-Powered Evil Side that were featured exclusively in "Taimanin Asagi: Battle Arena" became a hit with the fans, with Sakura's and Ingrid's being the most popular.
- Oboro Kokawa from TA3. Despite her limited screen time (and zero H-scenes) in TA3, her popularity already rivals, and arguable even surpassing, her Evil Counterpart.
- Evil is Sexy: Just pick any female villain, nearly all of them fits this description. As for the guys, we have Edwin Black, Ryuji, and even Kiryuu (their human forms at least).
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The Big Bad of Hell Knight Ingrid, Kiryu happens to share a surname of a certain Kamen Rider who happens to be a scientist. It also doesn't help that Sento's past identity is a Mad Scientist who founded a villainous organization.
- Idiot Plot: This is a Hentai, so honestly who comes for the plot. However, the Taimanin Yukikaze storyline deserve special mention. Sending two relatively new Taimanin to go deep undercover to a Wretched Hive as prostitutes where they will have little to no contact with the outside world, while trusting their lives to a well known criminal, wasn't their smartest move. Granted in the actual canon route, Asagi did wanted to send more experience Taimanin, and did in fact save her two students after finding out that they were betrayed.
- Just Here for Godzilla: The Taimanin Asagi 2 OVA has been widely regarded as the worst OVA anime adaptation from this series, and one of the worst OVA based on a Lilith-Soft game. One it's only saving graces is that it's only other OVA, apart from the original at the time, that features Asagi and Sakura.
- Same could be said with ZIZ's live action adaptations. While it is widely agreed upon that the live action adaptations are vastly inferior to the animated adaptations, it stills has girls dressed as the characters from the series.
- Les Yay: Naturally, their are many moments of this.
- Some of Oboro's action has many fan interpret her as a Yandere thats obsessed with Asagi, which might not be complete out of the question.
- Sakura and Murasaki certainly have their moments. The card game certain plays up the subtext.
- Rinko is certainly willing to go to great lengths to help Yukikaze find her mother, while Yukikaze deeply admires Rinko. In helps that Yukikaze did mention that they actually kissed each other when they were kids.
- Memetic Loser: Due to the nature of the series, the fan base would often consider most, if not all, the Taimanin to be this since they are often getting capture by the villains in each installment. In the canon however, there are actually very few villains that can overpower a Taimanin, as the stronger anti-demon ninjas can wipe out legions of demon and/or an army of armed soldiers. Even the series foremost villain Oboro has never actually defeat Asagi in a fair, direct fight. Usually their capture is a result of an I Have Your Wife scenario, or just being naive/overconfident for the more inexperience Taimanin.
- Moral Event Horizon: Oboro turned Asagi's boyfriend into a monster, turned Kyousuke away from her, painfully expanded her sister's breasts and butt to make her a human sex doll, and making Kyousuke nearly kill Asagi by raping her.
- One True Threesome: Many fans have wanted to see an Asagi/Sakura/Murasaki pairings. It certainly helps that most promotional material features them together. Taimanin Asagi Gaiden, featured in Lilith-Izm04, certainly Ship Tease the three of them ending up together.
- Yukikaze/Rinko/Tatsuruo, this threesome has the highest possibility of being canon. Tatsuruo has admitted that he is attracted to both Yukikaze and Rinko, and wouldn't mind having sex with them. Rinko seems pretty comfortable at the idea of "sharing" Tatsuruo with Yukikaze. Also, not only are Yukikaze and Rinko attracted to Tatsuruo, but the two do have their Les Yay moments. Yukikaze even stated that she and Rinko once kissed each other when they were kids.
- So Okay It's Average: For those who didn't complete hate the TA2 OVA, they tend to see that sequel series as this.
- A couple fans see the Taimanin Yukikaze OVA series as this, largely to the drawbacks added due to the series being in Development Hell for some time.
- Narm: Like with most Hentai, some of the scenarios and dialogue are so outrageous that it is hard to take any of it seriously.
- The insult "pig bitch" is thrown around so much it becomes borderline ridiculous how uncreative the script is at giving evil characters dialogue, since they almost never use anything else.
- Nausea Fuel: Let's just say that the series tends to explore some "unique" fetishes that certainly isn't for everybody.
- One of the spin-offs, Taimanin Kurenai, certainly takes this cake even for fans who don't mind the series' fetishes were repulsed by its contents.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Character: While the series is the Cash Cow Franchise of Hentai with no shortage of "material", there are characters who fans believes did not get enough attention in a particular anime or game. Listing off some examples:
- Oboro Kokawa. She didn't even get a single H-scene in Taimanin Asagi 3, and was apparently killed off. Naturally, the fans were outraged. However, she is given a little more screen time in the card game and later in Zero.
- Sakura was complete removed from the Hell Knight Ingrid OVA, despite being a major character in Taimanin Murasaki which the OVA was based off, to put more focus on the newer characters, Ingrid and Murasaki.
- Despite heavy foreshadowing of her appearance, Shiranui (Yukikaze's mother) was never featured in Taimanin Yukikaze OVA outside the opening credits. This is later partly subverted in the bonus episode, however the episode is only 5 minutes, counting credits.
- Karin Sugita. While many feel that Mama wa Taimanin was missed opportunity in general, one of the games biggest disappointments was how the Deuteragonist was handled. Between her cool design and her role as Taimanin's Great Detective you would believe she would be given more screen time. Instead she is pushed off to the side for most of the story, is only given 2 H-scenes, and is then Reforged Into a Minion by the Big Bad, leaving it highly doubtful that Lilith-Soft would be willing to continue her story without Retcon.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: Between the large cast of unique characters and surprising amount of lore the series has, many fans have admitted that they wouldn't mind seeing the series being converted to an action-based anime that focuses more on plot, and less on sexual content. Although Lilith-Soft has been working on projects to change this, such as Tamainin Action, the Hack and Slash mobile game.
- Woobie: To save you time, pick any Taimanin, and chances are you will find at least one fan that feels bad for them for all the emotional and/or psychical abuse they have to suffer.
- Even some of the villains get hit with this. Ingrid is the most likable and decent person on the villain team, and given how the series isn't fair to anyone who shows honor and decency, it's hard not to feel sympathy for her when she gets screwed over. The canon ending leaves it up in the air if her Oboro induced brainwashing wore off, though it likely did since Oboro is dead, but she's still screwed over because Edwin Black is dead.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.