|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Due to the series's Loads and Loads of Characters, the character page had to be broken down into different sub-pages.
Asagi's childhood friend and long time boyfriend. Asagi originally retired as a Taimanin just before the advents of the first game in hopes of marrying him, and living a normal life, sadly it was not meant to be.
- And Then Kyousuke Was a Monster: Thank to Oboro mutating his body.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Once again, thank to Oboro.
- Childhood Friend Romance: With Asagi.
- Distressed Dude: For much of the first game.
- Killed Off for Real: Asagi was forced to kill him near the end of the first game after he became a monster. However, unlike most characters who were either "revived" or Spared by the Adaptation (e.g. Taimanin Asagi Battle Arena), Kyousuke remained dead in ever story continuation and adaptation thus far.
- The Lost Lenore: For Asagi after his death.
- Love Interest: For Asagi, the two were planning on getting married until Oboro made her return.
- Promoted to Parent: He had to raise his younger brother, Kousuke, after they were orphaned at a young age, much like how Asagi was left to raise Sakura.
- Unlucky Everydude: A completely normal guy, who just happens to be dating a Demon Slaying Ninja. As the "unlucky" part, the guy had his body taken over by Oboro, was raped by her, and was turned into a monster all for the purpose of further tormenting his girlfriend.
The younger brother of Kyousuke. After his brother death, Asagi decide to raise the boy in honor of her late boyfriend. During the advents of Taimanin Asagi 3, he actually began to form a romantic relationship with Asagi.
- All of the Other Reindeer: Kousuke isn't particularly well liked by the students at Goshu academy. Probably because many of the them think that Kousuke is only there due to getting special treatment from Asagi.
- Ascended Extra: Was only mentioned a few times in the early games, but later gets to be a major character in TA3.
- Betty and Veronica: Being a mostly normal young man, he is the "Betty" to Edwin Black's "Veronica" to Asagi's "Archie".
- Bishonen: The guy is the spitting image of his older brother.
- Blinding Bangs: Sometimes featured with this hair style.
- Butt Monkey: Was transformed into a floating meatball, and spend most of TA3 in this form. No, seriously, this actually happened in the game.
- Cursed with Awesome: Being turned into a floating, talking meatball does have one perk, he can protruded blades all over his body for offensive use while in this form.
- Distressed Dude: Doesn't get anymore distressful than being turned to a floating ball of flesh.
- Expy: Of Ichirou Tachibana from Lilith-Soft's Tentacles and Witches. Both are young men who develop an attraction towards the Green Eyed, purple bodysuit wearing women that raised them. Also, his character design in the TA3 OVA give him a stronger resemblance to Ichirou.
- Likes Older Women: Ends up in a relationship with Asagi, who is more than a decade older than him.
- Promoted to Love Interest: Was given the role of Asagi's love interest in TA3, even though he was a Bit Character in earlier entries. On an interesting note, Kousuke was originally planned to be Sakura's love interest in latter installments, but this was latter dropped in favor of having Sakura being Ship Tease with Murasaki, instead.
- Replacement Goldfish: Pretty much Asagi's replacement for Kyousuke.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: He's basically Kyousuke 2.0, but younger.
- Wife Husbandry: Forms a romantic relationship with Asagi, who has basically been his adoptive mother for roughly 9 year prior to the advents of TA3.
The inner demon of Asagi Igawa. During Asagi's investigation of Tokyo Kingdom she encounters a very powerful demon and during their battle the demon hits Asagi with a needle. Due to the extreme circumstances at the time she's in to big of a rush to find out if the needle was some sort of demonic poison (it's never mentioned if the needle was poison or something else entirely). Eventually Asagi and her sister are captured by the Ryuumon, an organization under the control of a cloned Oboro. The clone reveals that Taimanins have demon ancestry and that the Ryuumon want to use them to create an army of super soldiers(like Saya above). Of course this process involves repeated emotional and physical abuse, that of which cause Kage to awaken within Asagi. Asagi and Kage get off to rocky start but eventually Asagi realizes that she needs Kage's power to save Sakura and escape Tokyo Kingdom. During moments of severe duress Kage will appear before Asagi and offer her help.
- The Berserker: Will relentlessly attack any and all of Asagi's opponents, even if they happen to be Asagi's brainwashed loved ones.
- Black Eyes of Crazy
- Chekhov's Gun: Her and Asagi have a brief conversation about Black's true goals that plays a part in the true ending to Asagi's route. Specifically, Black seeks to unite with Asagi's demonic half because their lineage of the same origins and they are attracted to one another in that sense like gravity. The twist is that while Kage isn't planning on helping Black should Asagi refuse to join him, neither will she object should Asagi decide to do so.
- The Corruption: Odd case in which the corruption is the demonic lineage inherent to all Taimanin, Asagi just has a stronger grasp of it's potential benefits and downsides. The benefits are a massive power boost in all categories, and the downsides are that she could completely become her demonic half as well as a small chance of destroying her human body due to the stress letting Kage out puts on Asagi.
- Cute Monster Girl: Even though her physical appearance is a demonic Asagi, she is still pretty hot. However, the appearance changes slightly between the second and third game, with the TA2 appearance depicted above, and the TA3 version has Asagi's skin turn a muted purple as well.
- Depending on the Artist: Kage's physical appearance varies depending on the installment. Her TA2 appearance can be seen here on her profile image. Her design in TA3 is changed so that she has purple skin, and white hair with a violet tint.
- Emotion Eater: The more Asagi sinks into despair, the stronger she will become. However, she will use that power to destroy the source of Asagi's despair.
- Enemy Within: Somewhat subverted as Kage doesn't mean Asagi any harm and tells her she just another side of her, it's just Asagi constantly refusing the fact that causes fraction between the two.
- Evil Counterpart: She is the manifestations of Asagi's hidden demonic powers. So naturally she is this for Asagi.
- Expy: Seems to be one for Hollow Ichigo from Bleach. And to an extent, Yubel from Yu-Gi-Oh! GX.
- Gone Horribly Right: Well the Oboro clone did want to turn Asagi into monster.
- Sociopathic Hero: While she truly does want to act in Asagi's best interest, that only applies to keeping Asagi alive, she doesn't give a damn about Asagi's allies, innocent people, or anything else in the way Asagi doesn't want brutally murdered.
- Slasher Smile
- Split Personality Takeover: However, she can only takeover Asagi's body if Asagi allows it.
- Super-Powered Evil Side: Serve as this for Asagi.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Kage truly does want to help Asagi defeat her opponents, but her methods tend to be a little extreme. This is usually why Asagi would normally refuse her help.
The true Oboro. A former Taimanin, a friend of Asagi's, and blood relative of Asuka. At some point before the first game, Oboro left the Taimanins and joined the US Forces. During her absents, Edwin Black had created several clones of Oboro that would go on masquerading as her for the majority the series. These clones are the "Oboro" that has become Asagi's Arch Enemy, while the real Oboro still sees Asagi as her friend. Oboro makes her first true appearance in Taimanin Asagi 3, as mysterious masked figure.
- Beauty Equals Goodness: Her face is more attractive than her Evil Knockoff, even though they are technically the same person, mostly due to being rendered in a softer style and lacking in the evil version Oboro's more unpleasant facial expressions. she does have one Slasher Smile expression, but no worse than regular Asagi's face while uncorrupted.
- Breakout Character: In Taimanin Asagi 3, she is given rather limited screen time, doesn't have a single H-scene, and is killed off (Much to the disappointment of fans). Luckily, she is given more screen time, and H-scenes, in Taimanin Asagi: Battle Arena and in TA0.
- Cool Mask: Serves as a tactical purpose as well makes her look different from her clone and made it easier for her and Asagi to talk without Asagi assuming the worst.
- Good Counterpart: For her Evil Knockoff, who was introduced before her.
- Hot Teacher: In TA0.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: Courtesy of Edwin Black.
- The Mentor: It was implied that she was this for Asagi, when Asagi first joined the Taimanins. She also act as this towards Asuka during her route in Taimanin Asagi 3.
- Mentor Occupational Hazard: Naturally, she doesn't last very long...
- The Obi-Wan: Was The Mentor for both Asagi and Asuka, and was apparently killed by the Big Bad while protecting Asuka and allowing her to escape. She spends her final moments believe that Asagi and Asuka would defeat Edwin Black, which they did. And she even set up the circumstances for Black's defeat by goading him into believing this, which played a part in changing the original history of Asagi's route so he would take on Asuka and Asagi simply to prove he'd win over them as posthumous spite.
- Older Than They Look: Arguable, she looks even younger than her clone, who would physically be 8 years younger than the original after Evil!Oboro became The Ageless after being turned into a vampire.
- Sacrificial Lion: She is seemly killed by Edwin Black at the mid-point of Asuka route. However, only time will tell if her death sticks.
- Spared By Adaptation: Is still alive in Taimanin Asagi: Battle Arena and in TA0's timeline.
- Walking Spoiler: Just mentioning that she is the true/original Oboro is spoiler enough.
- Worf Effect: Despite being strong enough to fight off Ingrid, she is ultimately defeated by Edwin Black, just to show powerful he is.
Asagi's orc son that she gives birth to in one of the TA3's non-canon bad ending.
- Canon Foreigner: An interesting non-filler example. Big doesn't exist in Taimanin Asagi's canon story line and thus is a non-canon character. But he has made an "appearance" in TA3 anime and in one of the visual novel's bad endings.
- Child by Rape: The last thing Asagi even wanted was an orc child, but due to her mind broken state she accepts him.
- The Ghost: He doesn't actually make an appearance, unless you count the times when Asagi was pregnant with him in both the visual novel and TA3 anime.
- Human Mom, Nonhuman Dad: His parents consist of the human Asagi and the orc Dogle.
- Fetus Terrible/Enfant Terrible: Well he is an orc, so this a given.
- Informed Deformity: Since Big is The Ghost, we don't actually see him outside of Asagi being pregnant with him. According to the corrupted Sakura and Murasaki, Big is quite ugly, although his mother doesn't seem to think so.
- The Last of These Is Not Like the Others: Throughout the franchise, Asagi has given birth to several non-canon demon children in many of the bad ending routes. However, Big is the only one of Asagi's possible children to be named, to "appear" in an anime OVA, and is "loved" by Asagi.
- Morality Pet: An inverted example. During the bad ending route in which he is born, the mind broken Asagi continue to serve Black and the corrupt Sakura and Murasaki in exchange for her son's safety.