|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Broken Base: Not as harsh as in most cases, but there's a notable divide between fans who like their pre-Beautiful Letdown material, and those who like their more recent stuff.
- Covered Up: Their cover of Sabotage by the Beastie Boys. And it's awesome!
- There are also a lot of people who only know the Mandy Moore version song "Only Hope" from A Walk to Remember.
- Epic Riff: "Meant To Live"
- "Stars" as well. Jon's actually said that it's his favorite song from that album because of it.
- "Free" from Hello Hurricane can also qualify.
- Face of the Band: John and Tim are both really popular.
- I Am Not Shazam: When Jerome first joined the band, a lot of the fanbase thought that he was "Chin", the Asian guy in the liner notes of the band's first album. He isn't.
- Nightmare Fuel: The "Faust" and "Midas" parts of the song "Faust, Midas, and Myself" are actually pretty creepy.
- Tear Jerker: Too many to count.
- Uncanny Valley: At the beginning of "Faust, Midas, and Myself", an old man (implied to be Satan) is described like this: "Something in his eyes, something in his laugh, something in his voice made my skin crawl off."
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.