|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Sweet Valerian is a children's Magical Girl anime about a trio of girls who transform into a trio of superpowered bunnies known as Relaxation Combat Team Valerian and fight the evil Stress Team, who use people's stress to transform them into monsters.
This series provides examples of:
- Affectionate Parody: Similar to Super Pig.
- Ambiguously Brown: Pop
- Animal Superheroes
- Cat Smile: The girls all have permanent ones in their bunny forms.
- City of Adventure: Asialand
- CLAMP: They did the character designs.
- Flying Saucer: The Stress Team fly around in one.
- Hair of Gold: Kanoko seems to play this straight, until it turns out that she has a very short temper when it comes to dealing with monsters.
- Hime Cut: Kate
- In the Name of the Moon:
Kate: Come forth, Serotonin!
Pop: Appear, Dopamine!
Kanako: Dubba dubba dubba! Relaxation Combat Team Valerian, at your service!
- Magical Girl Warrior
- Mentor Mascot: Panda-bu, an oddly spherical panda-thing.
- Meaningful Name: The bunny-girls are named Valerian, Serotonin, and Dopamine, all of which are chemical substances that make you calm/happy.
- Mini-Dress of Power: Despite being bunnies, they still wear them.
- Monster of the Week: In typical Magical Girl Warrior fashion, the monsters are ordinary people whose negative emotions make them a prime target for the villains' monster-ification device, and whose monster form echoes the source of their angst.
- Nerd Glasses: The Stress Team members all wear these.
- Nice Hat: Pop. She even wears one in her bunny form.
- Pandaing to the Audience: Panda-bu
- Transformation Sequence: A very short one, but they get a longer and more traditional one in the next-to-last episode.
- Transformation Trinket: Which are activated via card-swiping.
- Verbal Tic: Panda-bu adds "-bu" to the ends of his sentences.