The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Esoteric Happy Ending: Suzuka reveals that she's pregnant with Yamato's child. They decide to keep the baby and both of them table their promising careers as star athletes while Yamato's track rival as well as his underclassman become representatives of the Japan Olympic track team. Although the story points out that Yamato and Suzuka get married and were happy facing a new future as long as they were together, many readers feel that it was an unhappy ending since they had to give up their dreams.
- The 4komas point out it's far from an unhappy ending.
- Idiot Plot - Yamato says something that damages his current relationship, then does exactly the wrong thing to repair it. We have just described every chapter after about Chapter 5.
- What an Idiot! - seriously, 75% of the lines coming out of Yamato's mouth qualify for this.
- Is it sad that this troper is always as confused as Yamato as to what he did wrong?
- Yamato gets somewhat less idiotic and more clued in to Suzuka's moods as time goes on, particularly in the latter half of the manga. It doesn't save them many arguments, though, because she really is a major Tsundere. (That, and the mangaka seems to specialize in problems created by misunderstanding and perpetuated by one or the other party's pride keeping them from talking for a chapter or two.)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.