"When you start to develop your powers of empathy and imagination, the whole world opens up
Susan Abigail Sarandon (née Tomalin; born October 4, 1946) is an American actress. She won an Academy Award for Best Actress for her performance in Dead Man Walking and a British Academy Award for Best Actress for The Client.
Sarandon began her career in the 1970 film Joe and appeared in the soap opera A World Apart from 1970 to 1971. She has received five Academy Award nominations for Best Actress, for Atlantic City, Thelma and Louise, Lorenzo's Oil, The Client and Dead Man Walking for which she finally won. On television, she has received five Emmy nominations, including for Bernard & Doris and You Don't Know Jack. Her other films include The Great Waldo Pepper, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Pretty Baby, The Hunger, The Witches of Eastwick, Bull Durham, White Palace, Little Women, Stepmom, Igby Goes Down, Enchanted, The Lovely Bones and Arbitrage.
- Alliterative Name: Susan Sarandon, though it isn't her birth name.
- Buxom Is Better: Averted. When a men's magazine voted her rack "Celebrity Breasts of the Summer," she replied by saying, about her breasts, "They're really over-rated."
- Bourgeois Bohemian: She and her former partner Tim Robbins are possibly the Real Life Ur Examples, at least within Hollywood.
- Evil Redhead: Every time she plays a villain.
- Girl-On-Girl Is Hot / Best Known for the Fanservice : What was The Hunger about, again?
- Grandma, What Massive Hotness You Have!: Her common roles starting the mid-2000s once she hits 60.
- Older Than They Look: She certainly doesn't look like someone in her 70s.