|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Analysis • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Superidol is a Web Comic written for artbomb.net by Warren Ellis and illustrated by Colleen Doran. Leon, a reporter for a pop culture magazine tells what he sees in a "post-Final Fantasy, post-William Gibson, post-post-ironic western society" where pop culture had run dry and J-POP was beginning to catch on. The new international sensation is Rei Rei, a computer-generated Idol Singer whose voice was made from 200 voice samples. (Er, sound familiar?) She becomes a phenomenon, a hit with the magazines and on the internet. Everyone wants to be her, boys and girls alike. What happens when a meme complex becomes self-aware? It can be read here.
- Apocalyptic Log
- Evil Diva
- Idol Singer
- Japanese Pop Music
- Memetic Mutation: Demonized. A cluster of infectious parasitic ideas.
- New Media Are Evil
- Political Correctness Gone Mad: In-story; features from every nationality were pulled into the design of Rei Rei so she would appeal to the entire world.
- Smoking Hot Sex: Between Leon and Nola
- Tastes Like Diabetes: Rei Rei's music.
- Virtual Celebrity : Rei Rei
- The Virus: Rei Rei herself.