|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
His most notable work may be his very thorough LP of Deadly Premonition. Another notable project of his is his "Demo Friend" feature, wherein he does mini-LPs of a variety of game demos (originally just XBox Live Arcade games, but now branching out a bit), including features on XBLA's indie games market (which tends to be highly subject to Sturgeon's Law).
Other games he's LP'd include:
- Shadow Man
- Sword of the Berserk (based off the Manga series Berserk)
- Two of three of the D Trilogy (he says he wants to play Enemy Zero at some point.)
- Spy Fiction, an older and rather obscure game by the director of Deadly Premonition, wherein he does two playthroughs side-by-side (each in a rather different style) using both of the playable characters.
- Shadows of the Damned, via 1UP, which is not on his YouTube channel but which can be seen here.
Tropes included in his myriad videos:
- One Hundred Percent Completion: His run on Deadly Premonition.
- And Now for Something Completely Different:(Out-of-Genre Experience) During his Deadly Premonition playthrough, he does a few miniature reviews on the films York mentions in the game.
- Ludicrous Gibs: Written by name in his Shadow Man playthrough, where he blows apart one of the enemies in the game, a "Wailer".
- Mercy Kill: Contemplates this in Shadow Man:
"Considering everyone here is already dead, what does dying here mean? Do they just cease to exist? If that's the case, is Mike actually doing them a favor by blowing them into little chunks?"
(He kills one of the enemies.)
"No need to thank me, friend."
- Reused Character Design: Brings this up in The D Trilogy, as well as Spy Fiction.
- Running Gag:
- Shouting "Dumpster!" and jumping into one in Deadly Premonition.
- Changing the Shadow Gun's sound effect (due to finding the original noise incredibly annoying) during Shadow Man.
- Sarcasm Failure: Some of his dialogue on Shadows of the Damned fails initially, either being interrupted or the characters Lampshading the ludicrousness of the world they inhabit, due to the fact that "the game just LPs itself".
- Shown Their Work: His research into the subject of his games is pretty well done, bringing up the development history of some of the games.
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: During his playthrough of ILLBLEED, when going through the toy aisle of Killer Department Store, he passes a stack of what appears to be sex dolls without batting an eye. In a child's toy aisle.