The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: A character jumps through a closed window in lieu of using the door.
- Straight: Alice makes a dramatic entrance by leaping through the window.
- Exaggerated: Alice always jumps in through the window, if possible. Preferably an unbroken window.
- Justified: The door is locked, and Alice needs to get inside right now.
- Inverted: Alice uses the window as a solid surface to jump off of.
- Subverted: Alice bounces off the bulletproof glass.
- Double Subverted: Alice then backs up, gets a running start, and smashes her way through.
- Parodied: Alice has a compulsion to leap through any pane of glass she sees.
- Deconstructed: Alice lacerates herself on the sharp edges of the glass.
- Alice is forced to pay for all the windows she breaks.
- Reconstructed: Alice wears armor to protect herself from cuts.
- Alice is rich, so it doesn't matter to her.
- Zig Zagged: Alice jumps through two windows, bounces off the third, tries again but misses and smashes through the wall next to the window, jumps through another window, and opens the last window to climb through easily. Bob, in hot pursuit, jumps through the two unbroken windows.
- Averted: Alice opens the door and rushes inside.
- Enforced: "Let's have Alice jump in through the window. It'll be a lot more dramatic that way."
- Lampshaded: "There Was a Door, you know."
- "When did you decide you wanted to be Batman?"
- Invoked: "Window, huh? I've always wanted to do this..."
- Defied: "Why should I jump through the window when there's a perfectly good door right next to it?"
- Discussed: "If you hear the sound of glass breaking, that's just Alice's way of saying hi."
- Conversed: "Oh, look, a massive skylight. I think I know how Alice is getting in."
Back to Super Window Jump! YAAAAAAAAAA*shatter*
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.