|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
SuperTed was a Welsh animated series, about the adventures of a teddy bear brought to life by an alien called Spotty and given magic powers by Mother Nature. He becomes SuperTed and, along with Spotty as his sidekick, he must save the world from Texas Pete and his henchmen, Bulk and Skeleton.
- Ambiguously Camp Gay: Skeleton, just, Skeleton.
- There's also SuperTed and Spotty. Spotty acts rather effeminate and they're grown men who live together.
- Animal Superheroes
- By the Power of Greyskull: Averted, the viewer never hears the word itself, just Ted telling them he's going to use it.
- Many viewers speculate that his magic word IS "I'll say my magic word." Bulk repeats those words in another episode and it actually works.
- Clothes Make the Superman: Superted only has powers when he's in his hero outfit.
- Dem Bones: Skeleton, a less than threatening example.
- Expository Theme Tune: "This is the story of an ordinary teddy bear..."
- Fantasy Kitchen Sink: He was given magic powers by Mother Nature, and his best friend is a space alien.
- Fur Is Clothing: Superted unzips his bear suit to reveal a superhero costume underneath.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Spotty is voiced by Jon Pertwee, former Doctor Who and talking scarecrow.
- Idiot Hair: Bulk's cow lick.
- Ineffectual Sympathetic Villain: Superted is always pitted against the woefully incompetent Texas Pete, Bulk and Skeleton (who is an actual skeleton woken from his sleep in the first episode). Only Pete is even remotely threatening; the other two appear to be along for the ride.
- Mother Nature
- Widget Series