The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- During Super Smash Bros Brawl. During the Ancient Minister's Heel Face Turn. It involves him being set on fire by his Mecha-Mooks while a somber version of the main theme plays in the background.
- Gets even worse when you think about it: HIS OWN KIND HAS TURNED ON HIM.
- The codecs, while drop dead hilarious, had one line that was particularly emotional for this troper:
Mei Ling: Marth was betrayed by his most trusted friend. I can't imagine what that feels like...
Snake: ...I can.
- Though the following Crowning Moment of Awesome makes up for it.
- This troper shed a few tears when one of the R.O.B.s waved goodbye to the Ancient Minster right before getting blown to smithereens.
- Since the R.O.B.s are mechanical, this troper saw it more like a "Yes, sir, we're set and ready to blow!" gesture.
- I think it was more like a "We'll be fine, save your self!" kinda thing.
- To put that scene into more detail, The Ancient Minister is attacked by Mario and Link, with Pit, Yoshi and Kirby not far behind. A group of R.O.Bs come in to help their master and hold the heroes back. As the Minister prepares to leave, he looks down and notices another R.O.B clinging onto him, attempting to drag the Subspace Bomb down to the ground. He succeeds, then he falls with the bomb but his head breaks off. As two of the remaining R.O.Bs activate it, a third turns to the fleeing Minister, doing the aforementioned wave. The bomb then explodes, showing in full detail the R.O.Bs being pulled in and torn apart. ...Wow.
- I practically burst into tears when I saw everybody try in vain to stop the Island of the Ancients exploding, and combined with the aforementioned Heel Face Turn, I shivered. Right up until the battle with Meta Ridley, I shivered.
- All of the smash bros characters you obtained after the Meta Ridley battle travel to Subspace where they meet The Man Behind the Man. Tabuu unleashes an attack that instantly turns everyone into trophies. The scene plays in slow motion as each character are floating from the attack, with shock and fear in their eyes, and are turned back into trophies one by one. You then see all the characters in trophy form lying on the ground as Tabuu begins to absorb the Smash Bros world. After that, you see Luigi, Ness, and King Dedede who are also trophies and it seems all is lost until Dedede's badges revive Luigi and Ness. Ness then revives King Dedede and he glomps him and Luigi as thanks before they go and rescue everyone. OK, so death doesn't totally exist in the Smash Bros world for the main characters, but this comes close for me to welling up.
- The Ancient Minister has a horrible story, really. His best friend forces him to use his people (the R.O.B.s) to drag the world into Subspace, sacrificing many of them in the process. When the heroes and the bombs have killed most of the R.O.B.s, Ganondorf orders the remaining ones to blow up the Island of Ancients. When the Minister tries to stop them, Ganondorf provokes them to attack their true master with the press of a button. As the heroes left the island, they brought with them the Ancient Minister, the very last sane R.O.B., and just managed to escape the complete and permanent obliteration of the Island of Ancients, with every last one of the Minister's people and comrades. And, finally, close to the end, the Minister's best friend is mortally wounded when he attempts to attack The Man Behind the Man.
- Hearing the Ocarina of Time medley for the first time, getting a rush of nostalgia and realizing just how old Ocarina of Time is now was far more of a tearjerker than anything else in the game for this troper.
- In the Subspace Emissary, when Lucas is running away from the Porky Statue. The moment he trips and looks at the statue... You can almost see him thinking: "Crap, not again!" It just looks so hopeless that it made me cry.
- The worse scene with Lucas is when Ness gets turned into a trophy.
- Hearing the Codec with Solid Snake describing Lucas is filled with this. The fact that Snake Himself understands the hardships Lucas has gone through is heartbreaking. But this line is enough to make anyone bawl:
Mei Ling: I sure hope Lucas will be okay
- Oh Mei Ling, you must not have played towards the end of the game, have you.
- The World 1 stage is a little sad, it's pretty much a barren wasteland by now.
- Reading the translations text to the game's main theme after beating the Subspace Emissary will surely make anyone who has a heart cry. Especially if you know what influenced the music and text.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.