|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Snake: FALCON PUUUUNCH!
Otacon: FALCON KIIICK!
- On Lucario:
Snake: The cornered rat will bite the cat...sounds like trouble.
Mei Ling: Hey! When did you become so good at proverbs?
Snake: You must have rubbed off on me.
Mei Ling: Well, come back in one piece, and I'll teach you all the Chinese proverbs you can handle.
- Oh, God, Luigi's:
Snake: That guy with the mustache...
Colonel: Ha. You mean the king of second bananas!
Snake: Hey! That's Luigi! Show some respect!
Colonel: Look at that pale skin. He's been living in his brother's shadow for too long.
Snake: That's a low blow, Colonel!
Colonel: Face it, Snake! Once a kid brother, always a kid brother!
Snake: Colonel, what's gotten into you?!
Colonel: La li lu le lo! La li lu le lo! La li lu le lo!
Snake: Colonel, snap out of it! Colonel?! COOOOOOOOOOLONEEEEEEEEL!
- On Marth, these two lines:
Mei Ling: Snake, have you heard the saying "politics make strange bedfellows"?
Snake: Don't tell me that's a Chinese proverb.
- Meta Knight's:
Snake: What kind of weirdo puts their face on the bow of a ship, anyway?
Mei Ling: Maybe he's a little narcissistic. Kind of like someone else I know...
Snake: Really... And who would that be?
Mei Ling: Use your imagination...
- On Olimar:
Mei Ling: Snake, have you ever heard the ancient Chinese story, "The Vain Ocean Of Wealth"?
Snake: I've been waiting for the movie.
- Discussing Peach and her relationship to Mario:
Mei Ling: But still, don't you think it's romantic? I mean, to have a guy who's always there for you?
Snake: If he was smart, he'd tell her to stop getting kidnapped.
Mei Ling: ...You don't get a lot of dates, do you, Snake?
Mei Ling: Could you catch a Pikachu for me? Pleeeeeease?
Snake: Oh, come on! What do I look like, a Pokémon Trainer?
Mei Ling: "Fine... Sorry I asked."
Otacon: He used to be a weakling, but countless trials over the years have toughened him up.
Snake: By trials, you mean game overs?
Otacon: Yeah, you'd know all about that.
- On Pokémon Trainer:
Colonel: Let's do this together, partner.
Snake: Whatever you say, Colonel.
Snake: Aw, there's a big eyeball walking around here...
Colonel: That's just Jigglypuff.
Snake: Jigglypuff? That some kind of marshmallow?
- Oh, lordy, Sonic:
Snake: * grumbles*
Otacon: Snake, what is it?
Snake: Something about that hedgehog rubs me the wrong way.
Otacon: ...oh, you mean Sonic The Hedgehog! But everyone loves Sonic! He's a big star! Do you have any idea how excited people are to have him in Brawl?
Snake: Yeah, I know, but there's something about him I just don't like.
Otacon: But...why? Surely you must have a reason.
Snake: ...nope, just don't like him.
- One simple line on Wolf:
Snake: Wolf. Real imaginative name.
- And finally, Zero Suit Samus:
Snake: Mei Ling, Samus took her clothes off!
Mei Ling: That's Zero Suit Samus, Snake.
Snake: Without that bulky Power Suit, she's gotten a lot more agile...maybe if I took off all this heavy gear I could chase her.
Mei Ling: Uh, yeah, you wish.
Snake: Her loss.
Otacon: Snake! Watch out!
Snake: For what? That pink marshmallow?
- Outside of the codec calls, Peach breaking up a fight between Fox and Sheik by offering tea.
- And Snake hiding from Lucario and Meta Knight in a cardboard box, then Lucario seeing through the box and picking it up, causing a 'They'll never find me in - WTF HOW DID YOU KNOW?!' reaction from Snake.
- This scene from The Subspace Emissary. Captain Falcon makes his grand entrance... killing almost all of Olimar's Pikmin in the process.
- This entire cutscene from the Subspace Emissary also deserves mentioning. Luigi further solidifying his Butt Monkey status by being scared...of a Waddle Dee (the remix of the Luigi's Mansion theme helps too.), and then Wario getting his ride jacked by King DeDeDe had this troper in stitches.
- Luigi is there simply for comedic relief. His Subspace Trophy pose is different from his actual trophy pose in the game, to a funny extent. He was thrown into the cart upside down. Dedede even stuck one of his badges onto Luigi's trophified nose.
- Ganondorf turning the statue gun on Bowser. Even funnier is that about two seconds later he gets swatted by Tabuu.
- Even funnier is what Bowser does to Ganondorf's trophy afterwards. Disrespect does not begin to cover it. It's basically a montage of him attacking it in so many different ways...
- When Kirby and Dedede's group meet up near the end, Dedede immediately glomps Kirby, and then drags him off while Kirby has a complete "WTF?" look on his face. Priceless.
- Whenever Peach hits someone in the head with her frying pan. Bonus points if it's Bowser, Mario, or someone more serious like Meta Knight. Just imagine the characters' reaction if they spoke.
- "One More Brawl Taunts" covered that for Bowser.
Peach: Grrr... *pwns Bowser with the frying pan*
Bowser: WHERE DID YOU GET THAT FRYING PAN?!
Peach: Umm...in my kitchen?
- Brawl- takes the liberty of putting voice clips in hilarious places. Example: Snake's "Nom nom nom... Tasty." and Captain Falcon's "YESZ!!!" But by far Peach's forward throw takes the cake. "This is fun! *slap*"
- Pikaman is probably either this or Nightmare Fuel. Or both.
- What? Nothing is said about King Dedede's face when he sees Kirby on the cart he stole from Wario much earlier?! (Skip to around 1:18, but no farther than 1:20)
- Wario gets a few moments of funny in the game:
- His jaw dropping upon seeing Luigi and Ness help Dedede up.
- His complete indifference to Master Hand's corpse.
- And Word of God stating that even though Wario joined the Subspace Army, he "cares very little for the actual objective he was given and wants to continue just doing whatever he likes."
- Not to mention his most infamous move...
- I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Diddy Kong's appeals to Fox and then, later, to Falco. Especially how thoroughly unhappy Falco looks at the end of the scene.
- The original commercial.
- Brawl Taunts. Simply hilarious.