|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Super Skarmory is an LP'er on YouTube. He does Let's Plays of handheld games, for the GameBoyAdvance, NintendoDS, and Nintendo3DS. Though his first walkthrough was of a Mario game, he is well-known for his Pokémon playthroughs; however, he has put the series aside in favor of others recently due to playing several in a row. He mainly keeps his videos clean, with the exception of those for Castlevania.
A member of The Game Station.
Games he has Let's Played:
- New Super Mario Bros
- Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team and Blue Rescue Team
- Super Mario Bros 3
- Castlevania Aria of Sorrow
- Pokémon Diamond
- Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Darkness
- Pokémon Emerald
- Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow
- Super Mario 64
- Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
- Pokémon Platinum
- Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
- Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver
- Pokémon White
- The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D (in progress)
- Star Fox 64 3D
- Super Mario 3D Land (in progress)
- Sonic Generations (3DS)
Games he has confirmed that he will play:
SuperSkarmory provides the following tropes:
- Alternate Character Interpretation: In-Universe, Bowser wants the Mushroom Kingdom and Koopa Kingdom to look pretty. Also that he is Wicked Cultured, enough to be comparable to Hitler.
- Anachronism Stew: Tries to lampshade the presence of a mammoth-like Pokemon in the future of one game to try to get out of fighting it.
- Badass Beard: A nice goatee, according to his Mii.
- Baka: Uses that insult literally on his friend Kyoushiro.
- Call Back: At one point in Ocarina of Time 3D, Majorasfan expects Super Skarmory to say, "the moon is shining brightly."
- Catch Phrase:
- Creator Breakdown / Heroic BSOD: Parodied/played for laughs every time he does That One Level in Super Mario 3D Land.
- Curb Stomp Battle: He makes short work of Morpha.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Not only himself, but his friend Majorasfan does this too.
- Drunk on Milk: He's done this a few times.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck: In most videos.
- Hilarious Outtakes: At the ends of his Super Mario 3D Land videos, he shows all the times he's died in the level.
- Insistent Terminology: He never calls them "Lets Plays", only "walkthroughs".
- Its Pronounced Tropay: Tends to mispronounce things and tells his viewers not to correct him.
- Long Runner: Been at the Let's Playing game for at least four years.
- Most Wonderful Sound: In-Universe, he likes Navi's "watch out". Especially underwater in the Water Temple.
- Nightmare Retardant: In-Universe, Bongo-Bongo.
- Oh, Hi There.: His opening catch phrase.
- Self-Insert Fic: True to the nature of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon's story, he speaks as if he were actually the protagonist in the games during story scenes.
- Sound Effect Bleep: On the rare occasions that he curses in Super Mario 3D Land.
- Special Guest: His friend Majorasfan pops in on occasion during the Ocarina of Time walkthrough. This trope is invoked in the Star Fox 64 walkthrough as he dedicates it to his friend Kyoushiro for her birthday and has her sit through the whole thing.
- The Stinger: Started including sound bits of the game he's playing at the ends of his episodes as of late.
- Theme Naming: During the Pokémon White LP, his entire team (save for Skarmory) was named after people he knew.
- Trademark Favorite Beverage: Mountain Dew.
- Trainwreck Episode: His coverage of the airship in Special World 4 in Mario 3D Land, though all the mistakes are cut out and put at the end.
- What Do You Mean It's Not Awesome?: Catching every legendary he finds in his Pokemon walkthroughs with a Pokeball.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Really doesn't like the giant, flying fish in Super Mario 3D Land.