|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- The Xabungle characters, of course. The picture of a melon replaceing Jiron's head like in the show in Alpha Gaiden, is one of the funniest thing in the series.
- Speaking of Alpha Gaiden, Roy Focker goes into one battle completely wasted. It's as funny as it sounds.
- Also from Alpha Gaiden, when Kosuke and Usso ask Kid and Bowie how the Braiger is able to change size, they have no idea. But then their child assistants, Shin and Mei, show up and are able to explain it, though their elders still don't understand. But Kosuke and Usso do, and are even able to discuss it on a theoretical level. Cue a slight Jaw Drop from Kid and...
Bowie: Christ almighty... Kids these days are something else, huh?
- In Z, Apollo steals Jiron's lizard(which was to be his lunch). After an hilariously serious chase, Apollo licks all over it and eats it in Jiron's face. They then, strangely, bond over their mutual love of lizards.
- Ingram Prisken's reaction to Kushua Mizuha's health drink in Super Robot Wars Original Generation and especially in Divine Wars. Hell, just about anything involving the notorious concoction is pretty much guaranteed to be hilarious. The fact that it can render people like Heero Yuy and Lamia Loveless unconscious is pretty damn funny in and of itself.
- Any game that features Excellen Browning as a character is guaranteed to be loaded with Moments of Funny.
- Original Generations brought the fanbase the ridiculously awesome Hot Blood-poisoner known as the Gespenst MK-II S with its signature Ultimate Gespenst Kick attack. Hilarity tends to ensue whenever any character attempts to perform it. Special mention goes to Kyosuke blowing out a lung screaming his ass off, Ratsel doing a Harry Ord shoutout and Kushua OUT CHESTOH-ING SANGER!
- And then The Inspectors gave us this.
- The scene from the Divine Wars Final Episode where Excellen convinces Lefina Enfield to go out onstage wearing a Bunny Suit, and the subsequent reactions of the crowd straight afterward.
- Sanger Zonvolt, Banpresto's resident embodiment of Badass... is so weak to alcohol the fumes will knock him on his ass!
- Anytime Sousuke Sagara breaks out the Bonta-kun is going to be funny, with the scene from Super Robot Wars W being one long level of total awesome and laughing your ass off at the same time.
- The entirety of the "doing the monkey" scene from Overman King Gainer in Super Robot Wars Z. Even better is the scene where everyone starts confessing what's most dear to them, and Jiron Amos and Shinn Asuka reach Epic Fail levels of Comically Missing the Point.
- Masaki Andoh's notoriously crappy No Sense of Direction is insane! In Super Robot Wars Original Generation, he gets lost aboard the Hagane... DURING A GUIDED TOUR! In Super Robot Wars Alpha, he gets so lost that the Gundam Wing cast is forced to hunt him using the ZERO SYSTEM!
- In one of the early scenarios of Z2, Celestial Being decides to stage an intervention, only to find that Dancougar Nova has gotten there and put an end to the battle before they arrived.
- Lockon: Setsuna, Look at all the Gundams we got now
Setsuna: ...They look like Gundams but..
Setsuna: I want to be Gundam like them as well
Heero: Then together we shall become Gundam, Setsuna.
Kira: Only through understanding can we all become Gundam
Shinn: ...Will I become Gundam?
Luna: Not you too...
- On one stage of Alpha Gaiden, Loran and Milia bring out their mechs to do laundry since the Argamma's washing machines are broken. And then Kouji brings out the Mazinger Z to dry it with Breast Fire. One of the girls comments that he "would make a good bride," but he manages to scorch some of the laundry. Perhaps it's just as well that no one ever tries to make clothes for the Valsione or Angelg.
- Incidentally, having Milia pilot an Armored Valkyrie will break the game since she has to transform from Fighter to Battloid in the cutscene.
- Badass he may be in the current OG Saga, Axel Almer HAS his share of funny... when he's Ahoseru in SRW Advance. Some of his funny moments include:
- When snooping on Kazuya Ryuuzaki and Erika coping to each other, he instantly blares that he and Erika makes a better couple, since they're both amnesiac, and "An amnesiac couple would be better". Cue to Kouji punching him and telling him to shut up.
- When the Dragonar team was about to leave, Ken gets to have a good bye wave from his girlfriend Linda, his buddies Tapp and Light ponders on how nice it is to have a friend (read:girlfriend) wave good bye on departure... Cue to Axel waving both of them good bye, promptly disgusting both Tapp and Light, thinking that Axel is into Ho Yay.
- On the subject of Advance...
- When Gainer confesses his love during an already hilarious scene, everyone gets in on the act, from Kei declaring his undying love for every female character in the entire game world to Jiron confessing his love of...lizard stew. Also in that same scene, Epic Fail mixed with Oblivious to Love: when egged on by Lunamaria to do like-wise, Shinn Asuka declares his desire to defend peace and not his love for her.
- The characters lampshadeing the fact that Usso and Garrod seem to attract Shotacons in Alpha Gaiden. The fact that it's Judau of all people who starts this makes it even funnier.
- In OG 2, after the team is introduced to Daizengar/Dygenguard...
Ryusei: Daizengar/Dygenguard... That's how a Super type should be called... Hey, Rai! Maybe we can call the SRX...
Rai: We are NOT calling it Dairyusei/Dyryusei. PERIOD.
Ryusei: But it sounds better than Dairai/Dyrai or Daiaya/Dyaya!
Aya: I personally like 'Daiaya/Dyaya' myself.
Mai: I thought that sounded like a stomach disorder...
Ryusei: Oh well. Hey, how about we take your name, and added 'Oh', so it's now Dairaioh/Dyraioh?!
Lune: That name sounds like it's already taken.
Ratsel: Hm, maybe I should refer Aussenseiter's Pferd mode as Daitrombe/Dytrombe...
Rai: Knock it off, brother.
- Every line to come out of anyone's mouth in Endless Frontier. Some favorites:
"Maybe I should write something insulting on that billboard you call a torso.
(Paraphrasing) "The heat won't bother me since we're doing this for world peace!" (About five minutes later) "World peace can suck it. I just want some air conditioning."
(Upon first meeting Kaguya) "Mm! I didn't ask for one today, But I won't say no..."
(Upon being called an amateur playboy) "'Amateur'? I prefer 'skilled hobbiest'."
(Reading from a memo) "'Dumbass poser with black hat, black trenchcoat and fingerless gloves.'"
"Wha- What's wrong with my gloves?"
"Well looks like it's time to play cat-and-also-cat with that tank."
while being confronted by 4 Einst Clones of Kaguya
Xiaomu: "Look it's a wall of boobs"
Reiji: (talking about Xiaomu) "It's amazing what you can learn when you spend all day wasting time on the internet, isn't it?"
KOS-MOS: "That's funny. In my time, the internet is for--
Yurika: Gundam fight all set. Ready, GO!
- This is especially hilarious when you keep in mind that J focuses mainly on Real Robot Genre shows. It's even funnier if you picture Yurika throwing off her captain's uniform to reveal a referee suit.