|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
In the year 2120, humans have colonized other planets after Earth has been left ruined after too many wars. On one such colony planet, Glorie, the Southern Cross army has been established to keep the peace with its Transforming Mecha. Their vigilance is put to use when the planet's former inhabitants, The Zor, come to reclaim their former world by force. It falls to the Alpha Tactics Armored Corps, led by brash newcomer Jeanne Francaix, to lead the charge against the invaders.
This show features examples of:
- Absent Aliens (Liner notes for the DVDs reveal that the Zor are descended from temporally-displaced human colonists. Though the Protozor flower may qualify as an alien species.)
- Adjective Noun Fred
- Cancellation: Was cut down to twenty-three episodes due to less than satisfactory ratings.
- Ensign Newbie: Jeanne Francaix
- Five-Man Band:
- General Ripper
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Jeanne was the first major role for Michie Tomizawa; Musica was the debut role of Noriko Hidaka. Further, Mika Doi and Arihiro Hase (Misa Hayase and Hikaru Ichijyo in Macross) play Lana Isavia and Bowie Emerson respectively.
- Jeanne D Archetype: Jeanne.
- Mind Screw: This series ending sequence is in the league of The Prisoner in terms of being incomprehensible and explaining almost nothing, though it appears that Jeanne and the rest of the denizens of Gloire may become Zor themselves due to the Flower of Life. The Mind Screw properties of the ending are probably due to the production staff having to wrap up the series at warp speed to beat the clock on the show's cancellation.
- Pink Means Feminine: Jeanne's suit is pink.
- Red Baron: Mary Angel, AKA "Cosmo Amazon."
- The Stoic: Lana Isavia. She also qualifies as Tall, Dark and Bishoujo in an 80s sort of way.
- Shell-Shocked Veteran: Seifreit Weisse.
- Stupid Sacrifice: Seifreit could've easily survived the series if he hadn't killed the ONE MAN who could land the ship while he was ESCAPING.
- Transforming Mecha