|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Super Best Friends Forever is a series of shorts created by Lauren Faust for Cartoon Network's DC Nation block (consisting of Young Justice and Green Lantern: The Animated Series). The one minute and fifteen second shorts feature Supergirl (Kara Zor-El, voiced by Nicole Sullivan), Batgirl (Barbara Gordon, voiced by Tara Strong), and Wonder Girl (Donna Troy, voiced by Grey De Lisle) fighting crime and their adventures as SBFF!
Five episodes are planned. The first episode aired on March 17th, 2012. Since they're only about a minute long, they lean more on the comedy side of things.
- Short #1: Wonder Girl is ready to help her sister Wonder Woman in the world of man, but her friends Batgirl and Supergirl are more interested in hijacking the fabled Invisible Jet.
- Short #2: Poison Ivy is attacking the city, and Batgirl has to race across Gotham to meet up with her friends to fight the menace.
- Short #3: Kara is grounded, but Batgirl and Wonder Girl convince her to sneak out to fight crime. She just has to get by her Cousin of Steel first.
- Short #4: While fighting Cheetah, the girls argue whether or not "The Super Best Friends Forever" is a good name for their little team or not.
- Action Girl: All three main characters are being written by Lauren Faust and are proteges of the DC Trinity (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman), this absolutely applies.
- Actor Allusion: Tara Strong previously played Batgirl in The New Batman Adventures.
- Almighty Mom: Ma Kent.
- Ascended Fangirl: According to Lauren Faust, this version of Babs is a huge Batman and general superhero fangirl and wanted to be a superhero herself. Now she is!
- In the second short we see her bedroom, which is filled to the brim with Batman merch. She even has a Bat-mite plushie.
- Aside Glance: After scaring off Batgirl and Wonder Girl, Superman does this at the end of the third short.
- Badass Adorable
- Badass Boast:
Supergirl: You can't tell me what to do! You're not my dad!
(Superman grabs Supergirl's leg and flings her over his shoulder.)
Superman: No, but I'm Superman. And you'll do as I say!
- Badass Normal: Batgirl.
- Berserk Button: Supergirl can't stand Clark acting like he's in any way better than her.
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead
- Combat Pragmatist: Only Supergirl would follow up throwing a tractor at Superman with giving him a WEDGIE.
- Comic Trio: From what we've seen, Supergirl is the leader, Batgirl is the follower, and Wonder Girl is the helpless one.
- The Comically Serious: Wonder Girl and Superman.
- Composite Character: This version of Batgirl is basically Stephanie Brown's personality in Barbara Gordon's body.
- Crazy Prepared: Batgirl and her Air Mattress Grenade.
- Denser and Wackier
- Designated Girl Fight: The first supervillain we see them taking on? Poison Ivy.
- The Poison Ivy fight is cut off right before it begins. The first actual fight we see is Supergirl vs Superman.
- Dude, Where's My Respect?: Word of God says Supergirl suffers from this. She has all the powers of Superman, but not the same universal love and respect so its made her a bit of a hot head.
- Evil Laugh: Supergirl chuckles very quietly with a sinister grin on her face as she boards the invisible jet with rolls of toilet paper in her hands.
- Gag Series
- Genki Girl: Batgirl.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck: Batgirl flings out a fountain of family-friendly curses on her way to fight Poison Ivy.
- Green Eyed Red Head: Batgirl
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Supergirl is hotheaded and a little snarky, but she cares about her friends.
- Lantern Jaw of Justice: Superman, as always.
- Large Ham: Wonder Girl.
- Magic Skirt: Supergirl.
- Mood Whiplash: The fourth short continues the series' silly vibe, until Supergirl accidentally throws her friends into a tree. Kara thinks she's severely injured them, gets down on her knees and tearfully apologizes for her Jerkass tendencies while dramatic music plays. Donna & Babs turn out to be alright and forgive her, and the short ends on a silly note... all in a minute & 15 seconds!
- Most Common Superpower: Averted with the main three girls. Kara sort of has the MCS, but you'll be more distracted by her legs than anything. Poison Ivy plays this trope straight.
- Mundane Utility: Supergirl, Last Daughter of Krypton and posses all the powers of Superman, wants to use Wonder Woman's Invisible Jet... to cover Lex Luthor's base in toilet paper.
- She's never been invisible before!
- Batgirl, on the other hand, just wants to use the jet to get some burritos.
- Mythology Gag: Barbara Gordon is wearing a more stylized version of the 60's TV Batman series Batgirl costume.
- In episode 2 Barbara has a Bat-Mite plushie on her bed.
- Noodle People: Wonder Girl
- Puppy Dog Eyes: Supergirl and Batgirl use these on Wonder Girl when they want to take a ride in her big sister's invisible jet.
- Proud Warrior Race Guy: Donna Troy aspires to be this, she even goes on a rant in the first episode about uplifting the honor and integrity of an Amazon Warrior Princess.
- Stealth Pun: Wonder Girl is given a Brazilian accent... because she's one of the Amazons!
- The Stoic: Wonder Girl.
- Stout Strength: Supergirl.
- Super Dickery: Supergirl wants to use Wonder Woman's invisible jet to cover Lex Luthor's base in toilet paper. As she's boarding the jet she's giggling evilly with an armful of toilet paper rolls.
- Superman takes time out of preventing ongoing super-crimes to stop his younger cousin from skipping out on being grounded to go fight them.
- Rousing Speech: Wonder Girl seems fond of giving these, particularly in the first and third shorts.
- Thick Line Animation: Carrying over from Lauren's previous show, characters in these shorts have colored outlines as opposed to the traditional black, though a little differently this time. Characters have a single color outline (Supergirl for example has a blue outline). Superman actually has the traditional black/dark gray.
- Title Drop: in the fourth short, Batgirl thinks they should officially call themselves the SBFFs. Supergirl thinks its a stupid idea while Wonder Girl is just confused.
Wonder Girl: The Sebooofs?
Supergirl: We are not calling ourselves the Super Best Friends Forever.
- Visible Invisibility: Averted with Wonder Woman's Invisible Jet unlike most adaptions. In fact it even makes the people inside the jet invisible. All 3 girls don't seem to have trouble operating it and walking or flying around it, like it is visible.
- Thanks to Cheated Angle, we haven't seen the inside yet, so it's possible the inside is all perfectly visible to the pilots and passengers.
- Wake Up, Go to School, Save the World: Batgirl and Supergirl have to deal with this.
- X Meets Y: Gotham Girls meets The Powerpuff Girls.
- You're Not My Father: Supergirl shouts this out at Superman during their fight in the third short.