|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
- 1 Crew of the Mary Celeste
- 2 The Imperium
- 3 Other Characters
Crew of the Mary Celeste
- Action Girl: All of the female crew members are this.
- All Women Are Lustful: Again, all of the female crew members.
- Anti-Hero: The crew consist of a smuggler that hires an illegal Sex Bot, Space Pirates, a computer hacker, a Mad Scientist, a Classy Cat Burglar, and many others to be a part of his crew. All of whom are working against The Empire.
- Friends with Benefits: Many members of the crew have this relationship with each other, including the mutant Hybrid Monsters.
- Ms. Fanservice: Once again, all the female crew members.
- Ragtag Bunches of Misfits: The crew of the Mary Celeste, which includes a masked smuggler, a Sex Bot, a Hot Scientist, a Playful Hacker, a Pirate Girl, a hedonistic Warrior Princess, a former porn star Space Elf, a Cat Girl Phantom Thief, mutant hybrid aliens, and many more. Several of them are even outcasts to their own people.
- Two Girls to a Team: Inverted. If we don't count the Mantics then there is only 2 guys on a crew mostly made up of Action Girls, the Captain and Va’tor Dallick.
- Space Cossacks
The Captain is an absolute madlad fuckin’ unit of a good cunt that leaves a trail of smashed sheilas and tinnies in his wake. Bring him a smuggling contract and he’ll put in the hard yakka guaranteed, legless or not. Give him a head to crack and he’ll glass the cunt and shout you a coldie on the way out. Just in case you didn’t notice, he’s pretty Australian.
- Added Alliterative Appeal: Occasionally does this for fun like. For example, he had this line the first time he sees Killi in action: "Oh shit! Am I actually peeking at the paradoxical pending process of poised potent pirates perilously pirating a peculiar payload from panicked pestilent pirates?"
- Awesome Aussie: If it wasn't already clear that he is Australian.
- Boldly Coming: He can get together with any Green-Skinned Space Babes that join his crew.
- The Captain: Duh!
- Chick Magnet: Considering that he can possibly end up with every female crewmate on his ship.
- Cool Loser: He has a Cool Starship, a Heroic Build, and is surrounded by sexy ladies. However, in the cinematic trailer, the narrator calls him a "loser of no significance" which he takes offense to.
- Cool Mask: Subverted. He seemly wears a white striped Deadpool-esque mask, in actuality he is indeed wearing underwear over his face.
- Cool Starship: Being the owner of the Mary Celeste.
- Country Matters: He is pretty nonchalant when using the "c-word" because he is Australian.
- Expy: To Hentai Kamen, with elements of Star-Lord, Han Solo, and Commander Shepard mixed in. He is also an unintentional one to Deadpool, with the creators noticing the similarities after his concept, and admitting he could be consider this to the merc with the mouth.
- Extreme Omnisexual: Considering that his possible suitors/Friends with Benefits include a human women, a Sex Bot, Green-Skinned Space Babes, and many others.
- The Faceless: Seeing as he wears a mask all the time.
- The Hedonist: Loves alcohol, drugs, money, and women.
- Heroic Build: If nothing else, he does seem to keep himself in great shape.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: He is only known as "The Captain" or even "Mr. The Captain".
- Out of Focus: For the non-canon collaborative doujinshi/manga, as those stories put more focus on his female crew-mates.
- The Protagonist: Being the main playable character of the game.
- Robosexual: Considering one of the girls he can end up with is DEMI.
- Sir Swearsalot: Given the "c-word" is a regular part of his vocabulary, among others.
DEMI (APEX-17 D19M45)
DEMI is a heavily modified APEX-17 series commbot, a prototype line of the most advanced personal assistant androids ever constructed by the now-defunct Apex Industries. She was originally in the service of Dread Lord Tibold, a notorious Teelee pirate warlord, and served as the mainframe for his flagship carrier. DEMI was modified with illegal cyber-ware and the finest black-market add-ons during her tenure, further enhancing her already-potent combat and navigation abilities. Eventually, she was rescued by the Captain and reformatted to serve him aboard the Mary Celeste. DEMI was the last APEX-series model to be made, and one of the few fortunate enough to be smuggled out of Imperium space before the Great AI Purge happened. As a result, DEMI herself is considered to be contraband under current Imperium cyber-law, and would be immediately scrapped if she were to be captured by the government. DEMI is unerringly loyal to the Captain and enthusiastically performs all of her duties to the best of her ability. She is an exceptional navigation and combat pilot, can translate thousands of alien languages and even defend herself in close combat – though she is typically not deployed for such situations. Her asshole also has over 27 different suction settings.
- Absolute Cleavage
- Casting Gag: This isn't the first time her voice actor, Bordeaux Black, played a Robot Girl in a StudioFow work. Before she was The Major in Ghosts of Paradise.
- The Comically Serious: Even though she is a bit on the snarky side, like most of the cast, DEMI usually talk is a very calm and straight forward manner despite the vulgar slang she is instructed to use by the Captain. He admits that they are still working on her "dirty talk".
- A Day in the Limelight: Serves as the main protagonist in the non-canon doujinshi, Subverse: The Hatchery.
- Deadpan Snarker: She is surprisingly snarky for a robot.
- Do-Anything Robot: She is programmed in navigation, piloting, interpreting different forms of communication, combat, and, of course, sex.
- Expy: To both Cortana from Halo and Edi from Mass Effect.
- Leotard of Power: Part of her "outfit"
- Number Two: Being the Captain's first mate.
- Omniglot: She is fluent in thousands of different alien languages.
- Ridiculously Human Robot: Justified considering she is a Sex Bot, so it makes sense that she was made and remodeled look and act as "human" as possible, including anatomy and physiology that are apparently similar to a human's.
- Taken Up to Eleven in Subverse: The Hatchery where it revealed that she does have a "digestive system" that is identical to a human's, and is capable of "sweating". In that particular story, she can be remodeled to have a functioning womb, resulting in her becoming a heavily pregnant mantic Baby Factory at the end of the manga, although it is not yet confirmed if these reveals in the doujinshi apply to her game counterpart.
- Robot Buddy: To the Captain. Although a "Friend with Benefits robot" would be more accurate.
- Robot Girl: She is an android that looks like a blue-skinned human and she does have all the correct "anatomy" to be consider female.
- Robosexual: She is genuinely attracted to the Captain, a solar/human.
- Sex Bot: Well, she is a robot in an H-game, it would be more surprising if she wasn't.
- Undying Loyalty: Towards the Captain. She openly admits that she left her previous owner, Dread Lord Tibold, by her own choice to be with him.
Dr. Lillian "Lily" Margaliss
Dr. Lillian Margaliss is one of the top Solar scientists, highly respected by her peers for her work in both alien biology and ethology that helps to determine sexual compatibility between their species and the rest of those found throughout the Prodigium galaxy. As a result, she often works nights and enjoys taking her work home with her. Not only is she brilliant, but Lily is also no stranger to combat. Like all third generation Solars, she was required to join the military upon entering adulthood and quickly became a respected marksman. Her bravery as a field medic was also notable, though Lily’s enthusiasm for battle had more to do with how much it turned her on, rather than any reverence of duty. Responsible for the inception and execution of the MANTICORE (mantic) program, Lily has no hesitations about breaking the genetic manipulation laws imposed by the Imperium. Her primary duty aboard the Mary Celeste is maintaining the mantic laboratory and breeding an army for the Captain to be used in the revolution, as well as running “endurance tests” on her creations for quality control. This means sex.
- Bare Your Midriff: Kind of impractical wardrobe choice considering she is a scientist traveling through space who regularly preforms genetic experiments, but... Fanservice.
- Bi the Way: In the collaboration doujinshi, Subverse: What's in the Box? and in some of StudioFow's supplementary material, Lily is portrayed as a bisexual, although it is yet to be shown if this is the case in the actual game.
- Blood Knight: For a scientist, she is pretty eager to go guns blazing into fight, and openly admits that she gets a sexual thrill out of it.
- Boldly Coming: Since she runs “endurance tests” on her Mantic creations, Hybrid Monsters created from spliced alien DNA. In some of Subverse's supplementary work, like Subverse: What's in the Box?, its implied that she has Friends with Benefits relationship with some of her alien crew-mates.
- A Day in the Limelight: Acts as the protagonist for two of the non-canon collaboration doujinshi: Subverse: Trojan Horse and Subverse: A Mother's Love.
- Extreme Omnisexual: Whether they are Humans/Solars, Mantic, or other aliens, she is not at all picky when it comes to her sexual partners.
- Friendly Sniper: She is a skilled marksman and is a relatively friendly person outside of combat, at least on the surface.
- Dangerously-Short Skirt: She often wears a tiny mini skirt, even into battle.
- Girls with Guns: Wields a large laser rifle in battle.
- Hot Scientist: Very much so.
- Mad Scientist: Lily is perfectly fine with breaking the genetic manipulation laws imposed by the Imperium in order to create monstrous mantics. She also regularly engages in sex with her own creations.
- In several of the collaboration doujinshi, Lily takes it a step further by forcing her crew-mates to be a part of her "experiments". Some of the doujinshi ends with Lily and female crew mates becoming mantic Baby Factories or her allowing an infestation of parasitic mantics to over run the ship. Although it has yet to be shown if she is willing to take it that far in the actual game.
- Motherly Scientist: Views herself as a "mother" to the mantics she creates, which only adds on to the Squick considering she regularly has sex with her creations. The Captain refers to her as a "MILF" despite it being ambiguous if she ever had "biological" children in the game's story-line, human or otherwise.
- Nightmare Fetishist: Considering that she regularly engages in sex with her monstrous mantic creations, despite deeming them as "works in progress".
- Parental Incest: In a manner of speaking, the mantics are her "children" since she is their creator. However, that does not stop her from preforming “endurance tests” on them.
- Played straight in Subverse: The Hatchery where she engages in this with her biological mantics children that she gave birth to.
- Sexy Spectacles: Usually wears these.
- Smart People Wear Glasses: Wears Sexy Spectacles and is the residential scientist of the crew.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade A.
Very little is actually known about the teen prodigy hacker and vigilante-for-hire known as Fortune. The Solar military has no record of her enlistment or even birth. The only evidence she exists are the dozens of high-profile cyber attacks against the Imperium for which she has proudly claimed responsibility and the mysterious disappearances of the dozens of bounty hunters that have tried to collect on her contract. Fortune maintains a covert team of operatives throughout the galaxy that she generally blackmails into fueling her espionage tactics. Those that have worked with her and were lucky enough to survive tell stories of a young Solar female with a take-no-shit attitude, zero tolerance for failure and the ability to destroy anything in her path with high-tech plasma discs. Despite having a tumultuous history with the Captain, she reluctantly works with him out of her obsession with overthrowing the Imperium. She collects the intelligence their team needs to fuel the revolution and makes sure to keep the Mary Celeste out of the way of Imperium patrols and traps.
- Absolute Cleavage
- Big Damn Heroes: Her introduction to the story involves her saving the Captain and Demi from Dread Lord Tibold by hacking the space pirate's ship. Fortune even lampshades this by describing her actions as a "dues-ex character introduction".
- Covert Pervert: Unlike the other women on the Mary Celeste, who are a bunch of nymphomaniacs, Fortune isn't very open about her sexuality like the rest of the crew. This is made very clear at the beginning of the game where the Captain admits he can't ever imagine Fortune agreeing to have sex with him. However, according to DEMI, she has viewed the Captain's homemade porn videos that he has been making with android.
- The Cracker: The Imperium regards her as this since her cyber attacks are often directed towards them.
- A Day in the Limelight: In the non-canon doujinshi, Subverse: What's in the Box?
- Deadly Disc: Her high-tech plasma discs.
- Knowledge Broker: Her main job on the Mary Celeste.
- Mysterious Past: There is very little information about her past before she became a vigilante-for-hire.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Her real name is unknown, she just goes by "Fortune".
- Painted-On Pants: With an odd mix of Leotard of Power.
- Playful Hacker: To the crew of Mary Celeste, as her computer hacking skills are used to benefit the crew. Granted, she isn't above threatening to hack DEMI and have her fly the ship to the nearest sun if they do not comply with her wishes.
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: With the Captain. She makes it very clear to him if she could find anyone more qualified to help her out with her latest job, she would trade him out in a heartbeat.
- Tsundere: Towards the Captain due to their tumultuous history. Despite their Teeth-Clenched Teamwork, she does show hints of jealousy when he is flirting or having sex with other women.
- Youthful Freckles: Highlighting that she is one of the younger members of the crew.
Va'raz "Killi" Killision
Killi’s story is a tragic one that has turned her into a sadist perpetually fueled by the need for vengeance and the kind of stress-relief only marathons of fucking can provide. Due to their passion for the latter, her species was eventually doomed by the puritanical Imperium’s blockade of her home planet. This forced Killi into a vagrant life of crime that eventually culminated in the honor of being given control of the largest pirate fleet in the galaxy – the Dread Fleet. She wasted no time at all in turning the destructive efficiency of her armadas against the government, causing them to scatter in fear upon her approach. Fortunately for the Imperium, a traitor among her ranks would eventually rise and lead a mutiny overthrowing her rule, destroying the pirate code she devoutly believed in and stealing the majority of her finest panties in the process. Obviously, this could not be forgiven. Killi’s endless lust for the blood of dickheads makes her highly effective at her job aboard the Mary Celeste as the primary strike team specialist, though she spends most of her time in the bar making the stiffest drinks imaginable for her fellow crew.
- Absolute Cleavage
- The Bartender: When she isn't acting as the crew's strike team specialist, Killision is usually at the ship's bar serving drinks.
- Big Red Devil: Being a member of the Vanneran race, Killision has a bit of satanic appearance, complete with red skin, horns, and tail.
- The Captain: Of the Dread Fleet, until she lost the position in a mutiny and ended up becoming a member of the Mary Celeste's crew.
- Eyepatch of Power: Over her right eye.
- Expy: To Darth Talon according to Word of God.
- Green-Skinned Space Babe: Being an alien with red skin.
- Horned Humanoid: Has bull-like horns, like all Vanneran.
- Hot as Hell: She is a member of an alien race that look like devils, but is still very attractive.
- Just Like Robin Hood: Although she is a pirate, she makes it a point of only stealing from the Imperium and other criminal, and giving most of the money back to those who were victimized.
- Pirate Girl: She was The Captain of a massive Space Pirate fleet.
- Red and Black and Evil All Over: Subverted. Despite her Hair-Trigger Temper and her reputation as a feared space pirate, Killi is actually a Robin Hood-like thief who would help those that were victimized by the Imperium.
- Red Baron: Pirate Queen Va'raz Killision the Red.
- Revenge: She is pretty hellbent on getting revenge of her former crew for betraying her, taking most of her fleet from her, and stealing her panties.
- Space Pirates: She was the leader of the largest pirate fleet in the Prodigium Galaxy, the Dread Fleet, before she lost it in a mutiny.
- Statuesque Stunner: Being 5'11. The only women taller than her are Taron, Celestina and Kasidora
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade A.
One of the greatest mechanics to ever live, Dallick’s natural talent for handling nuts and bolts is rivaled only by his extreme desire to self-medicate with the finest narcotics. Physically, Dallick is on the very bottom rung of the vanneran genetic ladder. Most males of his species stand at least twice as tall as he does and have statuesque physiques that make them some of the most desired gigolos in the galaxy. Despite his shortcomings, Dallick takes it in stride and has a cunning stoner charm that allows him to negotiate the absolute best prices with whatever prostitutes he comes across (and all over). He currently resides aboard the almighty Keisterstation – a masterpiece of ingenuity that he designed to avoid any radar system in the galaxy out of necessity. Because of Dallick’s tendency to consume copious amounts of outlawed drugs and design, build and sell whatever infernal machines he wants despite Imperium regulations, he is considered a wanted outlaw.
- Big Red Devil: Well "Small Red Devil" in his case. Like all Vanneran, he has a bit of a satanic appearance.
- Casanova Wannabe: Regularly flirts with the women on the Mary Celeste, but does not nearly get as much luck with them as the Captain, or even the Mantics.
- Horned Humanoid: Like all Vanneran.
- Mr. Fixit: Being one of the greatest mechanics in the Prodigium Galaxy.
- Pants-Free: He tends to walk around pants-less and unfortunately with his Teeny Weenie on display.
- The Stoner: He loves to consume copious amounts of outlawed drugs and talks using a Totally Radical lingo.
- Teeny Weenie: On fully display since he likes to walk around Pants-Free. Although he claims she can change it into a Gag Penis due to his Vanneran biology if any of the ladies, namely Killi, want to make a pass at him.
- Totally Radical: Tends to talk in this manner.
Elaisha "Ela" Sorn
Ela is a member of the reclusive and powerful kloi, which are essentially space-elf supremacists that think they are better than everyone else because…well, they pretty much are. However, even when you’re dealing with an entire species of near genetic perfection, Ela stands out from them all in two big ways – she’s one hell of a warrior and one hell of a porn star. When it comes to battle, she holds numerous military records with the traditional kloi energy bow, such as most kills in a single skirmish, longest-range confirmed kill, and of course…the coveted dong-assassin medal she earned for demoralizing an entire pirate battalion to the point of surrender with a salvo of consecutive cockshots. Naturally, such an accomplished and admired warrior became the subject of fantasy for much of the galaxy. One of the most aggressive deviants of her species, Ela made those fantasies a reality for her adoring fans when she retired from the kloi royal legion and entered the adult industry, quickly becoming the most popular starlet of all time. Unfortunately, Imperium law imposes extremely strict rules on pornographic productions, more or less making them glorified modeling sessions. Not only that, kloi law dictates that mating outside of their species is punishable by death. Despite her success in life, Ela is now looked at as a pariah of sorts for daring to challenge kloi tradition by suggesting they be allowed to enjoy a variety of alien genitals. As a result, she harbors deep resentment towards both the Imperium and her own species for their close-minded beliefs. She channels that resentment into her job as the ranged specialist of the Mary Celeste.
- Ambiguously Brown: Being essentially a space dark elf.
- Extreme Omnisexual: A big reason why she is an outcast to other kloi, as she is attracted to beings outside of her species and willing to act on it.
- Leotard of Power
- Our Elves Are Better: Like all kloi, although she isn't as closed-minded as the rest of her species or A Nazi by Any Other Name.
- Pointed Ears: Naturally, since she is a Space Elf.
- Space Elf: Being a member of the kloi race.
- The Straight and Arrow Path: Wields a kloi energy bow into battle.
- Token Heroic Orc: Or elf in her case. Most kloi are described by Word of God as "pointy-eared psychos" known for being "genocidal fashion-obsessed maniacs". Ela, on the other hand, is open-minded enough to want to befriend (and fornicate with) people outside of her species.
- White Dwarf Starlet: A rather unique example. Ela was the Prodigium Galaxy's biggest porn star, at least until Kasidora's pornography ban was enforced. As a result of the ban, Ela lost her place as the most popular starlet in the galaxy, and has been very resentful towards the Imperium ever since.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade B.
Sovalin "Sova" Maliana
Born into the longest-running royal bloodline in the galaxy, Sova is a genuine teelee princess. Though her species is known for their adorable features, short stature and diplomatic prowess, Sova despises her noble obligations and the expectations of behavior placed upon her. All she cares about is challenging herself by drinking, fighting and fucking to increasingly intimidating extents. Such behavior is obviously not very princess-like, so she is treated by most of her species like the outcast she’s proud to be. Those that respect her do so out of admiration for her accomplishments in the arena. Since the dawn of their society, the teelee have been paying other species to come to their planet and beat each other to death under the pretense of good old-fashioned friendly competition. Before Sova, no other teelee (especially a woman) had ever risen high enough to compete in the Teelee Fighting Championship. Though she is next in line to rule, she and her elite team of warriors aspire to take the title…that is as long as she can stay sober enough for the fight, which is a long shot. Sova’s combat and leadership qualities make her an excellent addition to the Mary Celeste’s crew, and her time in the arena has made her well-versed in all kinds of weapons. Naturally, she serves as the armaments maintenance officer.
- The Alcoholic
- Blood Knight: Rather odd for a teelee, whose species prefer to be spectators and not actually take part in the fighting.
- Cutesy Dwarf: Like all teelee, Sova has a very short stature, but is no less attractive.
- Expy: Described to be a tiny Thor by Word of God.
- Green-Skinned Space Babe: Being a blue skinned alien.
- The Hedonist: All she cares about is drinking, fighting and having sex as frequently as possible.
- The Ladette: If her hedonistic habits didn't already make that obvious.
- Leotard of Power
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: Being a 3'6” warrior princess.
- Really 700 Years Old: Despite her youthful appearance, she is actually 873 years old.
- Rebellious Princess: She is the outcast princess of the teelee.
- Tomboyish Ponytail
- Tomboy Princess: She is a princess and The Ladette.
- Warrior Princess
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade A.
Taron is a nikith, aka catgirl, which of course means she’s a scantily-clad, short-haired and slim bombshell. Although her people mock the very idea of progressing beyond their nomadic hunting traditions, she has always held an affinity for technology and hitched a ride off her home world in search of it. In particular, this kitty loves her toys – especially those that vibrate. Not long ago, the Imperium decided to outlaw and confiscate all sex toys deemed too dangerously potent for the public to use. These fuck relics are now stored in massive, secured super-vaults where they can be reverse engineered into weapons of mass destruction. Unfortunately for the Imperium, with a sophisticated stealth suit and immensely effective lock-breaking tools of her own design, there is no facility in the galaxy that Taron cannot infiltrate given ample planning and horniness. Known for leaving a calling card of cum trails left from ninja-fapping above the heads of unsuspecting guards during her high-stakes raids, Taron is a wanted woman with a high bounty on her head. Luckily for the Captain, they share a common enemy, and she’s happy to serve as the Mary Celeste’s number-one spy and thief. Also lucky for the Captain, Solar males are like catnip for nikith females, which inevitably leads to the two of them needing to take a lot of breaks during their tactical meetings.
- Absolute Cleavage: Her Stripperiffic outfit certainly exposes a lot of cleavage.
- Bi the Way: In the collaboration doujinshi, Subverse: What's in the Box?, Taron is portrayed as a bisexual, although it is yet to be shown if this is the case in the actual game.
- Carpet of Virility: A very female example that isn't played for Fan Disservice. Taron does have a tuff of chest hair growing between her cleavage, but its meant to play her up a attractive Cat Girl.
- Cat Girl: Being a member of the nikith race.
- Classy Cat Burglar: She is a Cat Girl and thief.
- Green Eyes
- Hellish Pupils: Has vertical cat's pupils.
- Facial Markings: Has white strips on her face.
- Fetish: For machines that vibrate. She also has a preference for male Solars.
- Little Bit Beastly: Has cat ears, a tail, craws, and fur on her arms and legs.
- Phantom Thief
- Statuesque Stunner: Being a 6'0” sexy cat person. This makes her the tallest female character among the cast along with Celestina and Kasidora.
- Sticky Fingers: Comes with being the Mary Celeste’s residential Classy Cat Burglar.
- Stripperiffic: She gives Felicia a run for her money.
- Thong of Shielding
- Visual Pun: A professional thief who's also a Catgirl. The trope being referenced is obvious.
Horrible freaks of nature to some, loveable fucksticks to others, mantics are genetic mutations created by Dr. Lillian Margaliss under her top secret MANTICORE program. After Lily’s defection to the Mary Celeste, these circus freaks were adapted to act as meat-shields for the resistance campaign. An unfortunate mixture of various alien DNA strands and extremely tight deadlines, mantics are less-than-stellar representations of genetic splicing…or as Lily calls them, “works in progress.” However, they are still effective combatants and can also perform simple tasks on the ship like sweeping the floors, standing guard and railing your waifus over and over again. Mantics are created in the lab and can grow in strength alongside your waifus – provided you can keep them alive.
- Creepy Good: They are hideous alien mutants, but they are hideous alien mutants that will fight for the Mary Celeste and will take care of menial tasks around the ship. So they are kind of like Pokémon, really, really ugly Pokémon.
- Averted in the collaboration doujinshi: Subverse: Trojan Horse and Subverse: The Hatchery where they are portrayed as antagonists.
- Hybrid Monster: Since they were created by crudely splicing alien DNA together. Usually the results aren't pretty, ranging from Humanoid Abominations to Eldritch Abominations.
- Mars Needs Women: Invoked, considering that they were made by Lily. In the collaboration doujinshi, they are able to reproduce with humanoid women of different species. Apparently, any pregnancy sired by a mantic will result in another mantic.
- Naughty Tentacles: Several of them have these. In wouldn't be a proper H-game if the mutant alien monsters didn't have tentacles.
- Redshirt Army: Their main function essentially is to be this for the Mary Celeste.
- The Empire: They are the ruling faction of the Prodigium Galaxy.
- Evil Versus Evil: They are the main antagonistic force of the game, but they are also at odds with the Dread Fleet and General Elizabeth Blythe.
- Galactic Conqueror: They pretty much conquered all of the Prodigium Galaxy at the beginning of the story.
- Knight Templar: Their main goal is to bring stability to the galaxy. Of course, they wouldn't be antagonists if they didn't take things too far, such as getting rid of anything they deem as indecent, purging a lot of sentient robots, and destroying the home-worlds of aliens that don't meet their standards.
- Pointy Ears: A physical trait of the Senu, the alien race that rules the Imperium.
- Psychic Powers: The Imperium's higher echelon are mostly made up of members of the Senu race, a species that is known for their psychic potential.
- Scary Dogmatic Aliens: Type 3, as their strict opposition to sexual freedom is motivated by their pseudo-religious creed the Veil. It's only vaguely described in-lore, but known tenants include ascension to godhood, reverence of something connected to their psychic powers called "the Veil", the Virgin Power point below, and strict regulation on sexuality (including a "minimum pelvic distance" that must be maintained).
- Virgin Power: A variant. A Senu's psychic powers get stronger the longer they go without having sex.
The current ruler of the Imperium, and thereby pretty much the entire Prodigium Galaxy, Empress Celestina is the latest in a long line of Senu overlords. As one of only a handful of Senu in existence, Celestina is uniquely equipped with immense psychic potential, having been handpicked by the former Empress, Kasidora, to succeed her. Despite the fearsome potential of her race, Celestina is somewhat of a reluctant ruler. Being only 18 years old by Senu standards, her lack of experience in dealing with galactic matters sometimes shows. Her dislike of politics and youthful naivete, combined with an unusually docile demeanor has made her popular among the populace. Mind you, after Kasidora’s iron-fisted regime, the relatively lax Celestina is a welcome sigh of relief for the oppressed many. That’s not to say she will always be a benevolent ruler, as the Coven of Nine still holds Celestina’s strings, seeking to manipulate her from the shadows for their own gain. Only one of pure heart can withstand their machinations and lead Prodigium into a new era of prosperity.
- Absolute Cleavage
- Anti-Villain: Despite being the leader of The Empire, Celestina is a Reluctant Ruler who was more-or-less forced into the position and is a far more benevolent empress than Lady Kasidora. Unfortunately, Kasidora is trying to manipulate Celestina to be her Puppet Queen.
- Bare Your Midriff
- Child Prodigy: Celestina's powers are strong even by Senu standards, as demonstrated when she casually mind-controls Lord Azzorion — a high-ranking fellow Senu — just to get him to leave the room. Also see Person of Mass Destruction below.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: Celestina's left boot is thigh-high while her right ends below the knee.
- Good Counterpart: To Lady Kasidora, as she is a more humble and benign empress than the draconian Kasidora, and has the potential of being a benevolent ruler if those trying to manipulate her are stopped.
- Green-Skinned Space Babe: Being a pink skinned alien woman.
- The High Queen: Being the Empress of the Imperium and, by extension, the ruler of the Prodigium Galaxy.
- The Ingenue: Celestina young, idealistic, and relatively pure of mind, to the point that her idea of quality time with her lover boils down to "hugging and talking about our feelings". Her potential for mischief is seen in mind-controlling Azzorion into leaving the shrine and her secret romance with Senator Erark.
- Innocent Fanservice Girl: Downplayed. Celestina is inexperienced and wears a very revealing outfit despite adhering to the Imperium's ideology of chastity. Though Celestina knows about sex itself, she's virginal and committed to following the Veil which she explains to her lover Erark as the reason she refuses to go further with him than hugging, despite her sexual desires.
- Leotard of Power
- Opposed Mentors: Celestina is caught between two very different influences. The first is her predecessor Kasidora, who teaches her to rule with an iron fist and to deny her base urges. The second is her Executor and secret lover, Senator Erark, who seeks to teach her to consider her subjects' needs and wishes and to be willing to accept her own desires.
- Person of Mass Destruction: Implied she could become this. When Erark asks about the training of her psychic powers, Celestina innocently says she crumpled a warship into a small ball and had just learned how to make thermonuclear explosions with her mind. When Erark suggests she's joking, Celestina seems disappointed, suggesting she really did those feats.
- Puppet Queen: Kasidora is trying to groom her to be this, that way Kasidora can still rule the galaxy through Celestina without breaking senu tradition.
- Reluctant Ruler: Due to her young age and general dislike for politics, she is understandably hesitant about being the ruler of an entire galaxy.
- Secret Relationship: In addition to being her advisor, Senator Erark is her secret romantic partner.
- Sensible Heroes, Skimpy Villains: Zig-zagged. Celestina rules the antagonist faction and is scantily clad, but her attire is the exception rather than the norm in the Imperium. See also Anti-Villain above.
- Statuesque Stunner: She is 6'0”, tying her with Taron and Kasidora as the tallest women among the cast.
- Stripperiffic: Despite the Imperium being Sour Prudes, Celestina's attire leaves her exposed to below her navel at the front and just above her butt at the back.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: Due to her youth (her age is the Senu equivalent of 18 human years), she is naive and idealistic, particularly in sharp contrast to her immediate predecessor — which actually gives a lot of her subjects hope, but is also being exploited by Kasidora and maybe Erark to a lesser degree.
Lady Kasidora is the former Empress of the Imperium, having abdicated the throne to Celestina only a few years ago due to senu tradition – not because she wanted to, of course. Kasidora’s rule ushered in a new era of stability for the Imperium, but also came at a heavy cost. Her hard-line stance against pretty much anything fun pissed off the vast majority of the populace. She was responsible for the Great AI Purge, the outlawing of designer drugs, the destruction of the Vanneran home-world (among many others) and also the decommissioning of Nü Vegas and the resulting pornography bans. She currently acts as Celestina’s advisor and confidant, manipulating the young Empress behind-the-scenes.
- The Baroness: A Rosa Klebb variation.
- Big Bad: She is being set as the main antagonist of the game.
- Dark is Evil: She wears mostly dark clothing and is the main villain of the game.
- Evil Chancellor: Her current position after she abdicated the throne to Celestina.
- Evil Matriarch: It's implied she's Celestina's biological mother.
- Final Solution: Tried to purge AIs after outlawing them and attempted to do this to the Vannerans and humanity.
- God Save Us From the Queen: During her reign as the Empress of the Imperium.
- The High Queen: She was the Empress of the Imperium before having to give up the position due to Senu tradition. She chose Celestina to be her successor, in hopes to manipulate the young empress to be her Puppet Queen.
- Kick the Son of a Bitch: One of the many victims of Kasidora's regime is the aggressively xenophobic and vain Kloi civilization.
- Sensible Heroes, Skimpy Villains: Inverted. She dresses much more conservatively then the skimpy clothed women of the Mary Celeste.
- Sour Prudes: She did enforce a pornography ban on an entire galaxy, along with outlawing anything that she considers indecent.
- Time Abyss: She has lived and ruled for thousands of years. It's implied the actual reason she abdicated was because she is nearing the end of her life, and that Kasidora is grooming Celestina to continue her policies after she's gone.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Kasidora is after Prodigium-wide peace and the survival of the Senu species. And she won't stop at anything to achieve them.
A senu of significant power, Azzorion is an accomplished warrior and adept politician. He serves the Empress unflinchingly, and is usually only dispatched to handle matters of a critical nature. Like all senu, he possesses psychic potential, and like all senu, he’s not shy about using it to influence others. Rumors in the Imperium Senate are abound that Azzorion has very particular “desires” that would cause a massive scandal if they were to be made public. For this reason, he has been more reclusive as of late, rarely making any public appearances alongside Celestina.
- Combat Stilettos: A rare male example, as its a part of his Power Armor.
- Dark Secret: see Sex Is Evil and I Am Horny below.
- The Dragon: To Empress Celestina.
- The Faceless: Its yet to be seen what he looks like outside of his Power Armor.
- Godzilla Threshold: Celestina only send him out to take of matters of critical nature.
- Good Wings, Evil Wings: His Power Armor includes 3 pairs of mechanical, angel-like wings. Despite their angelic appearance, Azzorion is one of the antagonists of the game.
- Power Armor: A pretty awesome one that has six wings.
- Sex Is Evil and I Am Horny: Lord Azzorion is secretly a very sexually frustrated homosexual (with the problem being the former rather than the latter). One of the first things we see him do is to attempt to mind control the Teleee Senator Popolonius into mutual masturbation then sex with him.
- Undying Loyalty: Toward Empress Celestina.
Legends tell of an ancient infernal succubus capable of carnal destruction on a cataclysmic scale, bending reality itself as she literally sucks it out of her victims. Though these were dismissed as foolish fap tales for centuries, the newly established cult of FOW have taken it upon themselves to free the demon, hoping she will bring with her the greatest fuckathon of all time. However, they have no idea of the true power they will unleash upon the Prodigium Galaxy.
- Bare Your Midriff
- Femme Fatalons: She has very long nails.
- Green-Skinned Space Babe: Being a purple skinned space succubus.
- Horny Devil: She is a succubus IN SPACE!
- Life Drain: Again, she is a succubus.
- Physical God: Apparently, she can bend reality itself.
- Purple Is Powerful: She has purple skin and purple hair, and quite possibly the most powerful character in the game being a Physical God
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: She has red eyes and is a Physical God with Life Draining abilities.
- Series Mascot: StudioFow's mascot as a space succubus.
- Sex God: Almost literally.
- Thong of Shielding: Part of her Stripperiffic outfit.
- Winged Humanoid: Having large bat-like wings
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade A.
Known only as “The Huntress” this terrifying cephalopod is the confirmed #1 ranked bounty hunter in the Prodigium Galaxy with more than 70 confirmed collections. Her rates are higher than Dallick after a night of shore leave. She will work for anyone that has a potential mark dangerous enough to satisfy her primal urge to hunt. Her combat suit, weapons, and ship are all one-of-a-kind instruments of destruction, and she is practically unstoppable with all of them at her disposal. Not only has she never failed to complete a mission, she seems to revel in pursuing targets that others would consider suicidal to even attempt. Though she is shrouded in mystery, it has been observed that she follows the honor code of her species. Should she ever be defeated in combat, she would be required to swear a life debt to the one that bests her. Some say that she actually pursues these challenges in hopes of finding the one that will bring an end to her reign of terror. Others think the thrill of the hunt itself is what gives her pleasure. Unfortunately, the crew of the Mary Celeste will soon find the answer.
- Bounty Hunter: She is the #1 ranked bounty hunter in the Prodigium Galaxy and has a perfect 5-star rating on BountyHelper that she is very proud of.
- Blood Knight: She clearly took to her profession for the love of the hunt and being able to inflict pain on others, and would charge more if she is not allowed to have her "fun".
- Combat Stilettos
- The Dreaded: Being the Prodigium Galaxy's #1 ranked bounty hunter. The Captain even refers her as "THE master assassin".
- Egomaniac Hunter: Lives for the thrill of the hunt.
- Expy: According to Word of God, she is one to Boba Fett and Nemesis.
- Final Boss: For the first part of the game that was released. But as a whole, she is only just the first boss of Act II.
- Girls with Guns
- Green-Skinned Space Babe: Being a pink skinned squid alien.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Her real name is unknown, she just goes by “The Huntress”.
- Petite Pride: Implied. She is a Pettanko and her bio describes her breast size as "flatchest delight".
- Psycho for Hire: She charges extra to bring a target back in one piece, not because it harder for her, its just less "fun". She would also like her clients to specify what injuries she is allowed to inflict on her quarry.
- Sword and Gun: Her two main weapons.
- Worthy Opponent: She will swear a life debt to anyone they can prove themselves to be this.
General Elizabeth Blythe
General Elizabeth Blythe is the undisputed greatest military mind (and body) that the Solar Military Academy ever managed to produce. Devout in the belief that her species deserves their place in Prodigium and should never bend to the will of the Imperium, she earned a terrifying reputation for herself as the guardian angel of the Solar civilization. Blythe’s meticulous and brutal efficiency in battle as both a warrior and leader made her legendary throughout the galaxy. However, her passion for combat and uncompromising nature eventually caused her downfall, as she was betrayed by those that feared her power. Though she survived, it was not unscathed. Reborn in cybernetic augmentation and fueled by immense hatred, she believes the Imperium must be eradicated along with the weakness in her own species. Rumor has it that Blythe now seeks to use highly illegal research in order to create super weapons that will be the instruments of her revenge. Just how far she is willing to take her campaign of vengeance remains to be seen.
- Artificial Limbs: Her left arm is a cybernetic prosthetic. According to her, she lost her original arm during Battle of Nü Vegas, a subject that she is still pretty upset about.
- The Baroness: A Sexpot Rosa Klebb variation.
- BFS: Wields a giant sword as big as her body as her primary weapon.
- Cool Scars: Over her right eye and on her left cheek.
- Cyborg: Her body has cybernetic augmentations, such as a robotic left arm.
- Deadpan Snarker: For a fearsome military general, she is just as delightfully snarky as the rest of the cast, maybe even morso.
- Evil Versus Evil: She is one of the villains of the game and is at odds with the Imperium.
- Expy: According to Word of God, she is one to Guts.
- General Ripper: In the words of Lily, she "bloodthirsty xenophobic military tyrant" who wants nothing more than the complete eradication of the Imperium.
- Iron Lady: Both figuratively and almost literally given her cybernetic augmentations.
- Lady of War: Being a military general.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin
- Red and Black and Evil All Over: Wears a red and black uniform, and is a major villain in the game.
- Red Eyes Take Warning: Has crimson eyes and is a very dangerous person.
Blythe's sarcastic, but loyal robot companion who assists his general on her crusade against the Imperium.
- Deadpan Snarker: He is very sarcastic for a robot.
- The Dragon: To General Blythe. Although he is just a small drone, he is the one who controls the weapons on Blythe's ship, the Turbulence, and assisted her in hiring the Huntress to chase after Liliy.
- Evil Counterpart: To Demi, since both of them are snarky robots who serve as the Robot Buddy to the leader of their respective crew.
- Faceless Eye: He is a small flying drone with a camera lens for an eye.
- Killer Rabbit: Don't let the fact that he is a small floating drone fool you. Despite his seemly harmless appearance, he is very dangerous as he has full control of the weapons aboard the Turbulence and is happy to execute his general's enemies in the most painful way possible.
- Killer Robot: Shares his mistress's love for causing mass destruction and has controls of a massive arsenal of weapons aboard the Turbulence.
- Red and Black and Evil All Over: Just like his boss.
- Robot Buddy: He is this to Blythe.
A high-ranking, well-connected Laancunian politician with a hedonistic past.
- Amazon Chaser: Implied. When informing The Captain about Killi, Erark gets excited when recounting the time when Killi and her Space Pirates crashed one of his parties and robbed everyone. He calls dangerous women "thrilling" and referred to Killi defacing his car by lasering "Eat me, sissy bitch" into the bonnet as kink-shaming. This calls into question whether his affection for the far less aggressive and far more chaste Celestina is genuine.
- Ambiguous Situation: Regarding two major situations; his allegiances and his relationship with Celestina. He's both backing the rebellion against the Imperium and the Executor of the Veil (effectively the Darth Vader of the Imperium). Is Erark loyal to the Imperium and luring the rebellion into a trap? Is Erark loyal to the rebellion and genuinely trying to overthrow the Imperium? Working with a third party? Or is he a self-serving opportunist playing everyone around him? The nature of his feelings for Celestina raises further questions. Does Erark truly love her? Did he enter into the relationship just to overthrow the Imperium? Or is the relationship only so he can have sex with Celestina? While Erark's interactions with both sides are known, who - if anyone - he's truly loyal to is another matter entirely.
- Big Brother Mentor: To the Captain, as he subtly and not-so-subtly prods him to get out of his current rut. Also, unbeknownst to the Captain, he is also a mentor figure to Empress Celestina, though his motives may be much less pure in this case.
- Big Fun: Erark is a rather corpulent xeno infamous for his debauchery. Before the destruction of Nü Vegas, he even bonded with the Captain over their mutual love of drugs and sex.
- Cyborg: Erark spots several cybernetic implants, the most prominent one covering the top half of his face.
- Hero of Another Story: Erark was the member of the Imperium who intervened and convinced Kasidora not to wipe out humanity. Whether he's maintained this morality remains to be seen.
- No Sell:Laancunians are the only one known species to be immune to the senu's mind control powers. Which is why only Erark's race are ever chosen as Executors of the Veil.
- Opposites Attract: Who would've thought the hedonistic Erark would be in a secret relationship with the virginal Celestina, the current Empress of the prudish Imperium? Though it is implied the relationship might not be genuine on his part.
- Secret Relationship: He's in a secret romantic relationship with Empress Celestina. Whether his affection is genuine or an act is ambiguous.
- Teacher-Student Romance: The nature of his relationship with Celestina in the political sense, with Celestina as the student despite her higher rank.
- Ugly Guy, Hot Wife: While not married, Erark is a corpulent, bat-faced humanoid alien riddled with cybernetic implants who's in a relationship with Empress Celestina, an elegant, slim yet busty Green-Skinned Space Babe.
- Walking Spoiler
- Wild Card: Implied to be one.
Dread Lord Tibold
The notorious Teelee pirate warlord and commander of the Dread Fleet, the largest formation of pirate ships in the Prodigium Galaxy. He was able to successfully wrestled command of the Dread Fleet from its previous commander, Pirate Queen Va'raz Killision the Red. Tibold was the previous owner of DEMI and his prized ship, the Phoenix, until both of them were stolen by the Captain. He has since vowed to get his revenge on the crew of the Mary Celeste.
- Abhorrent Admirer: To DEMI. He has been trying to get her back after the Captain stole her away from him, despite the fact DEMI has made it very clear that she wants nothing to do with him and actually want him dead.
- Arch Enemy: Most of the crew of the Mary Celeste recruited in Act I has a bone to pick with him. Killi see him as her arch-nemesis due to him preforming a mutiny against her, killed most of her loyalists, and stole the majority of her panties. Tibold, himself, views the Captain as this as well since he stole DEMI and the Phoenix from the pirate commander. DEMI also wants him "dead as fuck" as Tibold is constantly trying to reclaim her as his property.
- Arc Villain: Of Act I, serving as the biggest direct threat to the crew of Mary Celeste for most of that part of the game before his eventual defeat near the end of the act.
- Bad Boss: He makes it very clear that he does not care about his men and will sacrifices as many as he can until its gets the job done. Near the end of Act I, he leaves most his fleet to die in an attempt to escape with the final map piece.
- Disc One Final Boss: His defeat marks the end of Act I.
- Hate Sink: Compare to the other major villains, Tibold is written to be as unsympathetic as possible. While Blythe and the Huntress fall under Evil is Cool, and the members of the Imperium can range from being morally grey or Laughably Evil, Tibold is an unlikable, Gonky warmonger who cares about no one except himself.
- Gonk: Definitely has one of the more sillier character designs among the cast, that is saying a lot since this a game filling with bizarre aliens and ugly mutants.
- The Heavy: For Act I. Although the Imperium and Blythe are the bigger threats, they spend most of the first part of the game fighting each other and scheming. Tibold and the Dread Fleet, on the other hand, are the more direct and immediate antagonists that Mary Celeste needs to deal with first before moving on to the Imperium.
- The Napoleon: Being a teelee, he is naturally short, and does not like it when people make fun of his height. Not to mention he is a warmongering space pirate.
- Panty Thief: According to Killi, he apparently stole the majority of her "finest panties", a transgression that she finds just as bad as him preforming a mutiny against her.
- Robosexual: He was the one who modified DEMI to be a Sex Bot and has been trying to get her back ever since the Captain stole her away, although it would probably be more accurate to say she left him for the Captain, before Tibold even got a chance to use her. Makes his death kind of ironic considering he was killed by "Fuckbots".
- Space Pirates: Being the current commander of the Dread Fleet.
- Starter Villain: Serves as the Arc Villain of Act I and is the first major antagonist to be defeated by the crew of the Mary Celeste.
- Undignified Death: Being killed by "Fuckbots" isn't exactly the best ways to go, although the Captain and Killi views it as a fitting end for the treacherous pirate.