|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Stu's Show is a two-hour internet radio program hosted by comedian Stu Shostak. The Tagline, "TV On the Radio for Baby Boomers", reflects the theme of interviewing celebrity actors, writers, and historians from the golden era of television and film. Interviewed guests have included June Foray, Stan Freberg, Jerry Beck, Mark Evanier, Earl Kress, Ed Asner, Jack Riley, Fred Travalena, Bill Mumy, Gary Owens, Randy West, Teresa Ganzel, Janet Waldo, Dr. Demento, Christopher Knight, Alan Young, and many more. It began in late 2006 and still runs to this day, with a new episode every Wednesday at 4pm Pacific Time (7pm Eastern Time). The official website is here.
Tropes featured on this show include:
- Berserk Button: Stu has many, including:
- Cloudcuckoolander: Noone's ever very straight-laced on this show. Janet Waldo, Teresa Ganzel, Earl Kress, and Mark Evanier are probably the only real cases of Cloudcuckoolanders, though.
- Cluster F-Bomb: William Schalert.
- Dumb Blonde: Teresa Ganzel invokes/exploits this. She pretends to be one sometimes.
- Early Installment Weirdness: The earlier shows from 2006 and some of 2007 had a more laid-back feel. Stu was more calm and collected, interviews were more straight-laced (but still had humorous moments here and there), phone calls from listeners was more regular, and Stu often had trivia contests for listeners (usually just before commercial breaks). The contests have since been relegated to the New Year's Eve or Christmas specials, as contests tended to detract from the interviews.
- Production Posse: Stu is usually accompanied by his girlfriend Jeanine Kasun, as well as writers/historians Mark Evanier, Earl Kress, and Jerry Beck.
- Promoted Fanboy: Basically what Stu is. He gets to sit down with his favorite celebrities, writers, and idols and chat with them for 2 hours (sometimes longer) every Wednesday !! Who wouldn't want that?
- Stock Sound Effects
- Take That: Stu enjoys laying insults to people in the business industry he doesn't think highly of. Pop singer Tiffany is probably numero uno on his hit list.
- Take That, Audience!: Stu sometimes insults his listeners, or fan e-mails. All in jest, though.
- Take That Me: Yes, he will insult himself sometimes.
- Why Do You Keep Changing Jobs?: Stu has had many careers over the years -- stand-up comedian, audience warm-up presenter, video company manager, DVD producer, TV station associate, and now radio show host.