The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Stroszek has examples of:
- Amateur Cast
- Author Appeal: Inverted. The ending makes a little bit more sense if you know that director Werner Herzog has a crippling fear of chickens.
- All Devouring Black Hole Loan Sharks: Actually, ordinary bank workers just doing their jobs.
- Bottle Fairy: Bruno's alcoholism is the source of many of his problems.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Scheitz and Bruno. But especially Scheitz.
- The Danza: Bruno Schleinstein as Bruno Stroszek, Eva Mattes as Eva.
- Eagle Land: Ultimately averted. The Power Trio's relationships with America as a place and Americans as a people are complicated.
- Foregone Conclusion: Turns out Wisconsin sucks.
- Gainax Ending: After being a slow drama for an entire film, the ending centers on a chicken dancing to Sonny Terry.
- Hooker with a Heart of Gold: Eva.
- Lyrical Dissonance: The playful melody of the song Bruno sings is at odds with the often downbeat lyrics.
- Nostalgic Music Box: An actual one, and the sounds of them.
- Non Actor Vehicle: There are few professional actors in the movie.
- Power Trio: Superego: Scheitz, Ego: Bruno, Id: Eva.
- Regional Riff: Chet Atkins starts playing as the Power Trio gets used to America.
- Rummage Sale Reject: Bruno, probably literally.
- Typecasting: Just like in Herzog's Woyzeck, Eva Mattes plays a woman who temporarily has a crazy husband.
- Suspiciously Apropos Music: Not so bad as some films, but it isn't accidental that the alcoholic Bruno sings a song about a woman who is exploited by an alcoholic.
- Talent Double: Averted since Bruno was an accomplished street musician by the time.
- Third Person Person: Bruno.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.