The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
- Basic Trope: A frightening apparition of a female, white-clad ghost who looks rather bedraggled.
- Played Straight: Alice appears to Bob wearing a white gown, with stringy hair over her face.
- Exaggerated: Her face is horribly disfigured, and she has some Yandere-ish Ghostly Goals.
- Justified: Alice was raped and murdered (or died some other such horrible death) while wearing a white nightgown, and has not been able to move onto the afterlife.
- Gravedirt and rot-juice are murder on your hair.
- Inverted: Cute Ghost Girl
- Subverted: Alice is wearing white and looks a little bedraggled, but she's a benevolent spirit.
- Double Subverted: But she frightens Bob (and anyone else who sees her)
- Deconstructed: This ghost is usually that of someone who died a horrible death and/or was wronged or rejected by a Love Interest. Not surprisingly, their Ghostly Goals can be troublesome.
- Reconstructed: Alice comes to terms with her death and moves onto the afterlife.
- Parodied: Alice is Bob's Yandere ex-girlfriend (or current one)
- Lampshaded: "And she was a frightening sight! She was dressed in a white gown, and her hair covered her disfigured face..."
- Averted: Alice looks pretty and does not scare people.
- Alice is not a ghost.
- Enforced: Fear of death and what's beyond.
- Invoked: Alice finds she is unable to move on due to the circumstances surrounding her death.
- Defied: Alice decides that she's safe now that she's dead and allows herself to go to Heaven
- Played For Laughs: See "Parodied"
- Played For Drama: Almost always is.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.