The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
This page is a stub. You can help All The Tropes by expanding it.
Street Fighter V is a 2016 fighting game by Capcom and is the newest installment in the Street Fighter franchise. The game is known to take place after Street Fighter IV, but before Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike.
Tropes used in Street Fighter V include:
- Admiring the Abomination: Despite knowing exactly what kind of disaster operation C.H.A.I.N.S is gonna unleash, Helen still calls it "beautiful".
- A House Divided: Shadaloo is working like this in this game, and Bison actually is such a Blood Knight that he likes it.
- Ass Kicks You: A lot of R. Mika's attacks involve this, including her Critical Art where she and her partner squish their opponents between their gluts.
- Back From the Dead: Subverted. Charlie was apparently killed back on Street Fighter Alpha 2, as seen on flashbacks. Helen, the woman tasked by Illuminati to take care of him, however, says he was found "almost dead". Then it is played straight again when Charlie feels weak, and Helen says to Nash he is already dead, implying he is living on borrowed time.
- Badass Longcoat: Bison, instead of wearing a cape like in previous games, uses a trench coat.
- Bad Boss: Abigail abuses his subordinates for errors he himself have committed, though that could be blamed more on his incredible dumbness rather than outright malice.
- Berserk Button: Juri gets into a fight with Abigail in his story mode because she thought he had called her "flat". She seems to very proud of her body, for good reason.
- Big Bad: Bison is the central villain in the story mode, A Shadow Falls.
- Big Eater: Birdie's almost every moment on screen in this game is dedicated to him eating food or making mentions to food.
- Big Good: Karin, that before was more like a Satellite Character for Sakura, it's the one who drives the other heroes to fight against Shadaloo in the story mode.
- Bond Villain Stupidity: Bison has no good reason except time to don't kill Chun-Li, Guile and Cammy in the beginning of story mode, specially since Vega handles Guile with ease, but he orders his minions to stand back and let them escape.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Not only the Dolls, but Bison with the help of the Black Moons can now control his replacement bodies remotely. Including Abel.
- Camera Abuse: Balrog punches the camera when he wins.
- Defeat Means Friendship: F.A.N.G. became a loyal subordinate to Bison after he spared his life after F.A.N.G. tried to kill him. Bison seems to respect him because of his strength but, of course, being Bison completely evil, the friendship is one-sided.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Rashid loses to Juri apparently because he is too distracted by her, ahn, shape.
- Enemy Mine: Rashid barely knows what Illuminati is about, but Helen already talks to him and Juri like a future conflict is inevitable. Of course, the audience knows it is inevitable.
- Evil Old Folks: Bison has began to show signs of aging, like graying hair, that is kind of surprising considering his habit of Body Surfing.
- Evil Versus Evil:
- Shadaloo vs Illuminati, except Illuminati relies on pawns instead of fighting Bison directly.
- Bison vs Necalli. One is a tyrant on the process of destroying the world. Other is some kind of man-eating abomination that is only fighting Bison because it is attracted by its strength. The audience may cheer to Necalli only because Bison seems to be a much more immediate danger.
- Foregone Conclusion: Gill already says in III that Chun-Li took down Shadaloo. What is explained in A Shadow Falls is how it happened.
- Formerly Fat: Inverted for Birdie, oh boy. The fact his belly jiggles don't help.
- Heads I Win, Tails You Lose: Despite the fact you must win to progress, cutscenes after certain fights will play like your character was defeated or at least almost defeated for the sake of the story.
- In the Hood: Balrog's new default costume depicts him wearing a hood like some boxers wear before a match.
- Jaw Drop: When Juri first appears on "A Shadow Falls", this is Rashid's reaction.
- Joke Character: You fight an NPC called Peter at one point. Peter is a seemingly middle-aged cop that doesn't seem to have fought with his bare hands once on his life.
- Let's You and Him Fight: There's no reason for Rashid, Azam and Charlie to take the pieces from Guile, Chun-Li, and Cammy at the beginning of the story mode, without at least explaining why.
- Obvious Beta: The game lacked a full story mode at launch, and even then a real arcade mode wasn't launched until two years later.
- Prequel: Launched almost 20 years after Street Fighter III, this game is set before it and after IV.
- Revenge Before Reason: Charlie knows that Bison's strength is being increased by the Black Moons. He still goes after Bison, presumably to kill, ignoring Rashid telling him that stopping the moons will make that much easier.
- Stealth Hi Bye: In one moment, Helen is very close to Charlie. In a few seconds, she not only disappeared from his surroundings as her voice is echoing as she says goodbye to him.
- Time Skip: The game takes place after Street Fighter IV and with basis on the ending scene of the story mode post-credits scene, just before III, as Gill's appearance hints that he was basically waiting Bison's death to make his move.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Helen has a grade B, combined with a short skirt.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.