|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Stolen is a stealth-based game developed by British video game company Blue 52 and published in 2005 by Hip Games for Play Station 2, Xbox and Microsoft Windows.
The player assumes the role of Anya Romanov, an acrobatic, high-tech professional thief living in the futuristic dark metropolis Forge City. Her initial mission is to infiltrate a high-security museum and steal items therein. She is assisted by the computer expert Louie Palmer, who communicates with her through an earpiece. Later on however Anya is framed for murder she didn't commit and finds out about a sinister conspiracy involving a ruthless corrupt politician Richard Killian and her own deadly female ninja rival known only as Breeze.
- Action Girl: Anya, Breeze.
- Classy Cat Burglar: Anya.
- Cyberpunk with a Chance of Rain: One can argue that half the time it's simply night out, but yeah.
- Deadly Gas
- Evil Is Sexy
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: His name is Killian.
- Fan Service: I do appreciate the descending neckline on your Spy Catsuit, Anya, I really do. But won't that big patch of DD skin stand out when you're trying to do stealth stuff?
- Hacker Cave: Louis Palmer's place.
- Highly-Visible Ninja: Everyone sees you in direct light, but the second you step into the tiniest shadow, even a two foot region of shade next to a filing cabinet in an otherwise brightly lit room, you become completely invisible. Even when someone is standing right in front of you staring right at you.
- Gas Chamber
- Idiot Ball: Every security guard in the entire game. Justified with the overweight museum guards, but the police aren't any smarter.
- Narm: A team of thieves and murderers named Night and Breeze. The dumbing down of R-rated concepts for PG-13 audiences continues.
- Perky Female Minion: Arguably Breeze, though all her dialogue suggests she's the alpha between her and Night.
- Plot Induced Stupidity: All that training, and the police take no more effort to bring down than the 300 pound mall security.
- Scary Black Man: At least, he would be if he didn't wear a red, hooded sweater and didn't call himself Night.
- Sleazy Politician: Richard Killian.
- Spy Catsuit
- Static Stun Gun: Nullifiers, laser tripwires.
- The Rival: Breeze.
- Thou Shalt Not Kill: Anya refuses to kill.
- Uh, there was that thing at the end where Anya used a heavy object to smash Breeze through a window and she falls to her death (maybe). Anya says "Nice knowin' ya!" and demonstrates no regret over this. Would someone like to explain that?
- Twenty Minutes Into the Future
- What the Hell, Hero?: You realize, for half the game, you're technically the villain, right? Thief.
- Yeah, because there's never been any game where you're worse than a thief...