|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
For works prior to the 1950s, this was something of an Enforced Trope, as American and European women simply wore stockings every day as part of their regular underwear. These days, they're considered inconvenient for daily wear (much like the corset was decades before) but still frequently encountered for Fan Service.
Expect the Femme Fatale to be dressed this way, and very likely to use the garters as a hiding place for money, concealed weapons or a flask.
See also: Zettai Ryouiki - this is when Stocking Filler goes higher than the knee, and worn with a shorter skirt. See also also: Playboy Bunny, for whom stockings or hose are an essential element of the outfit. Compare Victoria's Secret Compartment for another use of underwear to conceal objects.
- Mahou Sensei Negima: Asuna and Setsuna during the Budokai mini-arc, as part of their Instant Cosplay Surprise Panty Fighter outfits.
- Yumie from Hellsing, who wears garters under her nun habit.
- Female Ranma in the Martial Arts Dining arc of Ranma One Half. She had been forced into wearing antique French clothing (and, for some reason, a steel corset) by her opponent's instructor. So, for training, she usually doffed the dress and wore just the corset, women's panties, and a garter belt with stockings.
- Faye in Cowboy Bebop wears garters all the time.
- All of the Mew Mews from Tokyo Mew Mew (the only exception being Mew Ringo from the games) wear a garter on one of their legs.
- M.M. and Adelheid Suzuki from Katekyo Hitman Reborn both wear stockings with suspenders.
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found