The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
You can tell a woman's intentions from her panties.—"Ducky" Mallard's mother, NCIS
- Goofy Print Underwear, especially boxers with red hearts or polka dots or especially childish underwear or a corporate logo - for the buttmoney, usually.
- Merry widows and babydolls
- G-strings/thongs, especially men in red satin ones.
- Black Bra and Panties - for the mature and sexy woman.
- Tighty-whities/Briefs. .
- BVDs/Y-fronts are generally considered the geekiest tighty-whities.
- Colored briefs. Stereotypically worn by European men, since briefs became geeky and unpopular among younger men in the US during the The Nineties, though they were more popular during The Seventies and The Eighties and are making a small comeback nowadays (if you work in retail, you can notice the trend). Black briefs are sometimes worn by "sexy" men (YMMV on whether they are or not). Also the preferred style of swimwear of European men.
- Animal print bikini briefs, with leopard being the most common. Male characters wearing these are either a Handsome Lech or Casanova. Any other time, it's a Casanova Wannabe wearing them. Usually appear for squick or comedic purposes.
- Boxer briefs, probably the most popular kind nowadays. Expect them to be black, blue or gray.
- Plaid boxer shorts, likely the most common after boxer briefs.
- Garters, fishnets, and knee high stockings.
- Either long johns or a combo of tank top undershirt and boxers (goofy print or not) are standard issue for male cartoon characters, especially in older shows.
- You have to appreciate how characters who didn't wear pants would take off their shirt and be wearing the tank top and boxers. Which should have been visible with the shirt on.
- Frilly pantaloons of the sort that little girls with blonde ringlets used to wear under their best dresses. Lorelai Gilmore reveals that her mother used to make her wear them and they were "a great crowd pleaser."
- Nothin' at all -Innocent Fanservice Girl, Shameless Fanservice Girl, The Ditz
- Fundoshi, a traditional undergarment and kind of swimwear from Japan that grew out of style after World War II, when western underwear became more popular. Still worn occasionally these days by men who think it's manly or warrior types.
- Unflattering "Granny Panties" (AKA "The Sears Catalog Specials") - for the Single Woman Who Seeks Good Man
- Loin Cloth - Generally worn by 'savage outdoor' types, like the Barbarian Hero and the Nature Hero.
- Bloomers - Granny Classic will likely sport these.
- Lacy white petticoats in several layers, of the type you'd expect princesses to wear under their gowns.
- Modesty Shorts -active girls, tomboys
- Striped Panties aka shimapan - Vertical stripes, usually of a cool color such as blue or green, usually worn by Sugar and Ice Personality or Tsundere girls.
- Full or half slips.
- Teddies (not the president or the stuffed bear)
- Gowns (originally considered sleepwear, but are now classified as lingerie)
- Girdles, Spanx and other slenderizing undies. Usually for Of Corsets Funny purposes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.