The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Stock Dinosaurs: Only the most popular dinosaurs will appear in a story.
- Straight: The Dinotrope Park, an amusement park featuring dinosaur clones as attraction. And despite having thirty of them in the park, only Tyrannosaurus rex, Triceratops, Velociraptor and Brachiosaurus are featured.
- Exaggerated: The park has hundreds of dinosaurs, they are all T. rex.
- Justified: The cloner guy initially rebirths only Tyrannosaurus rex, Triceratops, Velociraptor and Brachiosaurus. The park need fund to run: so Dinotrope staff clone only popular dinosaur for the first lot to attract money.
- Inverted: The cloner guy decides not to bother with T. rex just because is too popular and thus boring.
- Subverted: After a Time Travel the human heroes encounter a large carnivore: they think it's a Tyrannosaurus rex, but then the scientist of the group discovers it actually is a Tarbosaurus bataar. The group encounter a Velociraptor as well, but since it doesn't look like one in movies, only the scientist recognises it.
- Double Subverted: ...but then the scientist has a change of mind and shouts "He's a T. rex!". And then: "She's not Velociraptor, is an undiscovered species!".
- Averted: T. rex doesn't appear at all, nor do any of the other stock dinosaurs. More obscure dinosaurs like Indosuchus, Nemegtosaurus and Olorotitan are the ones who get screen time.
- Invoked: Some adventurers enter in a Lost World: one of them says in a concerned way: "My God, we'll encounter a T. rex...I'm sure of that!"
- Lampshaded: "You want to see Psittacosaurus, Saltasaurus, Deltadromeus, Avimimus, Ouranosaurus, Kentrosaurus and whatnot? Unfortunately, these one aren't in our park. At least not yet."
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.