|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Stock Phrase spoken by someone who thought they were out of practice at something, but when doing it again for the first time in a while, find out that they are in fact still good at it. Occasionally subverted, when it first seems that the character has succeeded, but has in fact failed.
- Ranma ½: When Shampoo starts telling Ranma that she hates him and acting like he's the very scum of the earth, he wonders if "he's lost his power over women." However, after Ukyo tells him that she loves him, his typical, cocky attitude returns and he says:
Ranma: I've got it. I've still got it! The heat is on, Shampoo! I'll make you say you love me!
Akane and Mousse: That... Casanova.
- Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker
[A batarang flies across the length of the Batcave, neatly decapitates a mannequin of Two-Face, and returns to Bruce's hand]
Bruce Wayne: Still got it.
Lightning McQueen: Doc, hold it! Seriously, your driving's incredible!
Doc Hudson: Wonderful. Now go away.
Lightning McQueen: Hey, I mean it. You've still got it!
Zini: "Girls, I'm known as the 'professor of love' and school's in session." Yeah, I still got it.
- TMNT (2007)
Master Splinter: Ee-yah! [kicks demon back into vortex] I still got it!
Betty Boop: Work's been kinda slow since cartoons went to color. But I still got it, Eddie! "Boop-boop-be-doop-*boop*!"
Eddie Valiant: Yeah. You still got it.
- Dracula: Dead and Loving It has Van Helsing saying this after successfully making ten out of ten med students pass out during an autopsy.
- In Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, the mayor says "He's still got it, folks," as Brent strips off his tracksuit in one deft motion to reveal his Baby Brent get-up beneath.
- The mother in Spy Kids, after successfully using the laser in her wedding ring to cut through the ropes tying her to a chair.
- Barrin utters this in one of the Magic: The Gathering novels after safely scouring a Phyrexian plague ship.
- Bones episode "The Tough Man in the Tender Chicken"
Dr. Temperance 'Bones' Brennan: You noticed something. See? You still got it.
- Arrested Development episode "Spring Breakout"
[Re: Their mother's attractiveness]
Buster: Mom's still got it!
- Doctor Who episode "New Earth"
Cassandra (in Rose's body): Mmm, aren't you just? [kisses The Doctor playfully. Breathing somewhat heavily] T-ter-terminal's this way. [walks away, fanning her face as if warm]
The Doctor (recently regenerated, as in two episodes back): [looks at her, disoriented; finally, in squeaky voice] Yep. Still got it.
Ralph Malph: I've still got it!
- Star Trek: Voyager episode "Live Fast and Prosper"
Neelix: [to Paris after they pull off a magic trick] We've still got it!
- The Brendan Leonard Show
Brendan Leonard: [getting sprayed with water playing croquet] In the face of adversity, I still got it.
- Doonesbury: As Zonker shows him his new crop of weed (grown in prevision of Proposition 19 being passed in California), Zipper comments "You've still got it!"
- Wrestlemania VII
Gorilla Monsoon: Escaped by the skin of your teeth, Brain, Intercontinental Title nearly went flying out of the window!
Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan: He's still got it, though!
- Another pro wrestling example: Fans will often show their appreciation for older veteran wrestlers that can still perform well in the ring by chanting "You still got it." Sting, being a big fan favorite from the old NWA and WCW days, gets this all the time in TNA.
- Ricky Steamboat vs. Chris Jericho proved this for Ricky too.
- Grim Fandango has Manny say this near the endgame, after Manny (a travel agent of the undead by trade) convinces Celso and his wife to accept Hector's offer for a Number 9 train ticket by recounting his perilous adventures through the Land of the Dead.
- Erika when using her fame to jump the queue in this strip of Megatokyo.
- Prof. Smith when taking a nap balanced on a chair in this strip of PHD.
- Eddy the wizard in this strip of Yet Another Fantasy Gamer Comic.
- Kaiba says this after defeating Pegasus in Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Movie.
- Sarge still got the ability to build cardbord cut-outs of soldiers, then pretend to be a cut-out himself and surprise the enemy.
- Mr. Krabs says this after successfully asking Mrs. Puff out on a date in SpongeBob SquarePants.
- Subverted in the season five episode of The Simpsons "Marge on the Lam," Homer is negotiating compensation for babysitting Bart and Lisa with Lionel Hutz. Hutz offers $175 dollars an hour. Homer offers $8.00 for the night and two Popsicles out of the freezer. Hutz wants three, but Homer doesn't budge. Hutz then settles on two Popsicles and a bent-up birdcage he found. After Homer agrees, Hutz mutters, "Still got it!" Never mind that he basically agreed to all of Homer's terms and only managed to convince Homer to give up something he didn't even have any use for.
- "Sorry, Donkey Kong. You're just not a draw anymore." (hit by thrown barrel) "Hey, he's still got it!"
- In one episode, a convertible full of young women stops next to Homer at a light and recognizes him from a viral video of him on-stage with an exotic dancer. Of course, he still doesn't know this tape even exists (this was well before the advent of YouTube), so when they call out to him, stand up and start dancing...
- "Dr Z" in Venture Brothers says this after entertaining children with his villainous tirades. "You never lose it."
- Parodied in Clone High: Joan's blind foster father, Toots, offhandedly tosses a basketball into the hoop and grins, "Still got it." Then he walks into a post.
David Xanatos: And the most important thing: I was a little worried that I might be getting soft. But I was able to stand up against Goliath, the greatest warrior alive. I'd say I've still got the edge.
- Transformers Prime: Agent Fowler, after winning an aerial dogfight with a Decepticon (with a little help from Bumblebee).