|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Stick RPG is a game created by Xgen Studios. It is a game revolving around a man who one day wakes up in the 2nd dimension. You play as the character of your naming, and Get various jobs at Mcsticks and New Lines Incorporated. You can buy various new houses and accessories for said houses. You can interact with a few other stick figures, and even deal drugs. There was a sequel, RPG 2, which takes place in the 2nd and a half dimension, with a more defined plot of finding 4d objects to get back to the 3rd dimension.
Tropes specific to Stick RPG go here:
- Bland-Name Product: McStick's
- Classic Cheat Code: HEYZEUS!!!
- Holiday Mode: Play for an in-game "Year" and you get a red car, and if you max all stats, you can become President/Dictator of sticks.
- Jive Turkey: The Convenience Store owner.
- Loophole Abuse: You can easily become a millionaire in the game by saving, betting all your money at Blackjack, saving if you win, reloading if you lose, and repeating.
- Mega Corp: New Lines Incorporated.
- No Plot, No Problem
- One Stat to Rule Them All: If you decide to become the CEO of New Lines Inc., Intelligence will become this. Inverted when you want to trade cocaine.
Tropes specific to Stick RPG 2 go here:
- Abandoned Warehouse: Two of them, in fact. Old Abandoned Warehouse and Brand New Abandoned Warehouse (It Makes Sense in Context)
- Author Avatar: The whole company who made this game appears. And they're hiring.
- Batter Up: Two kinds of baseball bats can be bought and used in combat.
- Better Than a Bare Bulb: Lots of lampshades can be spotted here and there.
- Beware the Nice Ones / Chekhov's Gunman: Remember Tutorial Ted? You know, this guy who (even when you acted like a bastard) gave you money and a place to stay at the beginning? He's the guy who killed Ryan, the hardware store clerk.
- Development Hell / Vaporware: The project was announced in 2003, and it took until 2010 to complete. Lampshaded in the credits, with special thanks for Duke Nukem Forever.
- Here We Go Again: The introduction reveals that the player character, after seven years, have managed to become the ruler of 2nd Dimension (see Holiday Mode for the first game). And then you change dimensions again and is forced to start with a hundred bucks and basement as a flat.
- Mythology Gag: New Lines Inc., McStick's and University of Sticks.
- Something Completely Different: Combat (comparing to the first game and to normal isometric view). Instead of turn-based combat as in the first game, the view switches to topdown and you fight using any weapon you manage to collect during the game.