|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Station Zero was a very short-lived animated television series on MTV, airing in 1999 and then quickly disappearing from the airwaves with little fanfare. In a similar format as Beavis And Butthead, the series followed four young black (and one Latino) men, who running a fictional public-access television show called Live from the Bronx, watched hip-hop videos (and the occasional rock video) and provided humorous commentary.
This work provides examples of:
- Accentuate the Negative: Often used when critiquing music videos and the accompanying music.
- Berserk Button:
- Don't scare Chino with Da Brat verse in each music video.
- Don't disrespect Scooter's grandma.
- Black and Nerdy: Scooter, who runs the public-access show's technological aspects.
- Brand X: Averted, as real brands were always featured prominently on the show.
- Break the Cutie: In the episode, Karaz is moved by the Will Smith video.
- Butt Monkeys: The four main characters.
- Caustic Critic: Karaz and Chino
- Do-It-Yourself Theme Tune: The theme song is sung by the main four characters.
- End-of-Series Awareness: In the last episode, camera man Scooter wanders off, with the rest of the cast following him, indicating that the show's writers knew that it would be the finale.
- Fat Best Friend: Karaz
- Four-Man Band
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: Chino is Choleric; Karaz is Supine/Sanguine; Scooter is Melancholic; DJ Tech is Phlegmatic.
- Gratuitous Spanish: Often used by Latino character Chino, who is definitely proud of his Latino heritage.
- Kid Appeal Character: Scooter.
- Like an Old Married Couple: Karaz and Chino, who are comparable to Siskel & Ebert.
- Product Placement: Tons of it, right down to the characters wearing real brand-name apparel. Real product names were always used and displayed on the show.
- The Protagonist: Chino
- Roger Rabbit Effect
- Short-Runners: Station Zero was on the air for just a few months and was then never seen or even mentioned again. The show reportedly failed to meet MTV's ratings expectations.
- Show Within a Show: Live from the Bronx, the fictional public-access show that the four main characters run.
- Theme Tune Roll Call: The theme song introduces the four main characters.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Karaz and Chino