The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Stargate SG-1 has pulled off some truly heartwarming moments, but none bigger than the episode "Heroes". When Dr. Frasier dies, instead of giving a traditional eulogy, Sam Carter lists the names of the many people who are alive because of her being at the SGC.
- The scene between Jacob Carter and Selmak in "The Tok'ra, Part 2". It's played almost like a romance.
- Any episode with Cassandra in it. Yes, even when she's a bratty teenager.
- Just about every episode Teal'c and his family are together again.
- Vala's dad is a complete and total jerk, but it's sweet when he finally succeded in giving her the necklace he'd been trying to give her all episode.
- It's also nice to know that she didn't throw the jewelry box he gave her as a child away after all.
- Sam and Cam repeatedly making each other macaroons whenever one of them is in the hospital. They're always terrible, but it's nice to know that they're making the effort.
- Jack talking down the guy who's accidentally caused a Groundhog Day Loop to try to see his wife again. Doubles as a Tear Jerker.
- Another big CMoH is Jack O'Neill's promotion to General and command of the SGC. His first act is to promote Samantha Carter to Lt. Colonel.
- The episode Line in the Sand was one of the darkest points in the series. About halfway through the episode, Sam, who was shot earlier, tells Mitchell the password to a sealed file on her computer that has goodbye letters to everyone. Besides the password being 'Fishing' -a nice callback to an earlier episode- Mitchell's only response is "Aww, man, now you're gonna have to change your password!" His utter (unfounded) conviction that she would make it had me grinning for hours. She lived.
- Speaking of Mitchell, they had one episode where he was accused of murder. The rest of the cast spent the entire episode trying to prove his innocence. For a lot of people, that was the moment when he was really part of the team.
- "You better not be messing with me."
- When Don S. Davis (General Hammond), who had been absent from the series except for guest roles for a few seasons, died in 2008, it made his previously-filmed appearance in the subsequently-released Stargate: Continuum straight-to-DVD movie more poignant, especially when Carter says, "It's good to see you again, sir." Meanwhile, in the series finale of Stargate Atlantis, the Daedalus-class ship about to be commissioned for Colonel Carter's command had its name changed at the last minute--from the Phoenix (as Carter's ship in an alternate reality was named) to the General Hammond, in honor of the recently-late Hammond (and, of course, his actor).
- At the end of the first episode of the second season, the team has defeated Apophis sort of and gone back to Earth. But they had to leave Daniel, injured and dying, on Apophis' ship. When they get back to SGC, though, he's already there. Sam says his name in this shocked voice, and Jack shouts "Space Monkey, yeah!" and goes over and hugs him. The final shot, of the team and just about everyone else in SGC hugging as the camera zooms out through the Stargate, had to get a smile out of everyone.
- The entire team agreeing to defend Teal'c in Cor'Ai.
- The man accusing Teal'c of the murder of his father (which he admits), and preparing to execute Teal'c himself, witnesses his selfless attempt to protect the innocents from a Goa'uld attack. Upon seeing this and Teal'c's calm acceptance that he is ready accept his fate, the man spares him, telling Teal'c that the man who killed his father is dead, and that "You killed him."
- Believing Daniel in Politics.
- Alternately, dealing with Daniel actually being crazy in Legacy.
- More Danny: pretty much every sequence between him and Jack in Abyss. Later, him visiting Teal'c in The Changeling.
- I don't know why, but Jack giving him back his glasses after he Descends always gives me the warm fuzzies.
- Jack getting all protective of Daniel when he thought Reese had tried to hurt him in Menace.
- The entire team's individual mini-monologues when Daniel was dying in Meridian.
- Daniel convincing an amnesiac Vala to trust him in "Memento Mori".
- The episode where the Tok'ra show up with their truth-machine and O'Neill has to admit that he cares for Carter "too much" to clear suspicions of being spies.
- The quiet moments between Jack and Sam in "Lost City".
- "Cold Lazarus." The revelation that the crystal-energy being just wanted to help Jack heal from the loss of his son.
- "Bane." It's not Teal'c getting Ally a new, improved Super Soaker because of their Intergenerational Friendship. It's Teal'c pulling out a giant Super Soaker of his own, turning to spray Daniel with it, and then running off to play with Ally.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.