|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Starbound is an upcoming Wide Open Sandbox space game that can best be described as Terraria In Space, and is being developed by roughly half of the Terraria development team. Players will flee their destroyed homeworld, land on a mysterious space station, and from there, visit randomly generated planets to research technology, meet new people, and explore the universe.
Starbound has been confirmed to contain examples of these tropes:
- After the End: "Starbound begins with you fleeing your homeworld in a space shuttle, just as it’s destroyed by an unknown enemy."
- Cool Starship: A whole space station with a dock.
- Funny Animal: The Avian race, with a Feather Motif.
- Humongous Mecha: With "a factory capable of producing mechs" to ride.
- Infinite Flashlight/Ten-Second Flashlight: There will be flashlights in the game, but we don't yet know which kind they will be.
- Procedural Generation: For planets and visual details like trees' appearance.