|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- One of the best opening lines.
Riker: Our guests have arrived. They are eating the floral arrangements on the banquet tables.
Crusher: I guess they don't believe in cocktails before dinner.
Troi: Oh, my God. Are they vegetarian? That's not in there!
Picard: Perhaps we should have the chef whip up a light balsamic vinaigrette-- Something that goes well with chrysanthemums.
- "I seem to be missing several memory engrams." (Geordi shows Data several microchips he is holding) "...There they are."
- Picard needs to get real, or get a new neck.
Beverly Crusher: You either need a new uniform or a new neck.
Picard: Euchene Chefaw. My collar size is exactly as it was at the Academy.
Beverly Crusher: Of course it is.
- In the event of a water landing, Data has been designed to serve as a flotation device.
- How do Picard and Worf distract a crazy android? By singing!
- What sells the scene is Worf's panicked expression and shaking his head "NO!" before finally joining in.
- When Data is reactivated and Picard asks him what he remembers, he immediately picks the song up where he left off.
- There's a really good bit when the bad guys decide to give up:
Lieutenant: Sir, Ru'afo's ship is hailing us.
Picard and Riker: On screen. (they exchange looks)
Worf: Captain, the Son'a crew would like to negotiate a cease-fire. It may have something to do with the fact that we have three minutes of air left.
Picard: We have plenty over here, Mr. Worf. Prepare to beam aboard.
- "Definitely feeling aggressive tendencies, sir!"
- The moments between Data and Artim that aren't heartwarming - heck, even the funny moments are heartwarming!
Data: I have to go home now.
Artim: Okay, bye.
- After Deanna shaves off his beard, Riker meets up with Data and Picard on the way to the turbolift. At Data's startled look Riker remarks, to his clear consternation:
Riker: Smooth as an android's butt, eh, Data?
- But what really sells it is a few minutes later, after they've finished catching up on current events, when Data asks to touch Riker's newly-shaved face - and then just shakes his head smugly, and walks off.