|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- A large portion of Zephram Cochrane's scenes, but especially:
Geordi: (engages in long spiel about Cochrane's magnificent standing in 24th century history, and the giant, inspirational statue of him that will stand right where he is standing now)
Cochrane: (Beat) ...I gotta take a leak.
Geordi: Leak? I don't see any leak.
Cochrane: Don't you people in the 24th century ever pee?
- Its also funny as part of Trek's subtle running gag of referring to the original Enterprise's comical lack of bathrooms.
- "You told him about the statue?"
- Drunken Troi.
Deanna: Time line?! This is no time to argue about time! We don't have the time!... Look, he wouldn't even talk to me unless I had a drink with him. And then, it took three shots of something called "tequila" just to find out he was the one we're looking for. And I spent the last 20 minutes trying to keep his hands off me. So don't go criticizing my counseling technique... It's a primitive culture...I'm just trying to blend in.
Riker: You're blended, all right.
Deanna: What was I saying? *thud*
- According to director (and cast member) Jonathan Frakes, Drunken Troi is worth the price of admission alone.
- Cochrane's initial reaction to the situation:
Cochrane: Hot damn, you're heroic! *laughs*
- After Cochrane becomes convinced of the truth, Riker goes on to explain how the approaching aliens will detect his warp flight and "land right here."
LaForge: Actually, over there.
- The Doctor gets probably the funniest Facing the Bullets One-Liner ever. "According to Starfleet medical research, Borg implants can cause severe skin irritation."
- Perhaps he'd like an analgesic cream?
- "I'm a doctor, not a doorstop."
- Lily: Borg? Sounds Swedish...
- Later... "Definitely not Swedish."
- Worf's arrival to the bridge gives Riker a couple funny one-liners.
"Tough little ship."
"You do remember how to fire phasers?"