|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
In a terrible mishap, Spyro, Sparx, and the Professor have inadvertently torn a hole in the fabric of space between the Rhynoc and Dragon Realms. Now, at the command of the elusive Ripto, droves of Rhynocs are pouring into the Dragon Realms in yet another attempt to make life miserable. Spyro must help the Professor close the hole quickly before both the gate and Ripto's giant ego get too big and the two realms fuse together permanently!
This game contains examples of:
- And Your Reward Is Clothes: Most of the late-game upgrades are powders than change Spyro's color pallete. The earliest one could give Spyro all of the possible colors based on which colored gem he had just collected.
- Awesome but Impractical: The charge abilities just take too long to charge in order to be practical outside of puzzling. Too bad that's how you have to defeat Ripto.
- Big Damn Heroes: Butler preventing Ripto from killing the Professor at the end of the game.
- Bragging Rights Reward: You unlock Pvt. Bird's levels for co-op and competitive multiplayer by getting One Hundred Percent Completion. You need to collect every gem just to get Moneybags' Heart (not that one).
- Cool and Unusual Punishment: In the credits, Ripto is being cared for like a baby by Butler.