|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
This Trope page is a stub. You can help All The Tropes by expanding it.
Who needs a trampoline when you've got fungus!
You're a character in a video game, and you need to climb up a cliff. But you have no climbing skills what so ever. You have no trampolines, jetpacks, or flying animals. So what do you do? Find a mushroom.
In short, mushrooms in video games can be used as trampolines and springboards.
- There are some mushrooms to bounce on in the upcoming Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One.
- Fungi Forest's mushrooms in Donkey Kong 64.
- There's only one mushroom in Dizzy The Adventurer, and it serves this purpose.
- In Sly 2, in Rajan's second level, there are mushrooms you can bounce on.
- Found in Eternal Daughter. There, however, are also fake ones that bite you.
- A track in Mario Kart Wii has mushrooms you can bounce on.
- Sonic and Knuckles has giant bouncy mushrooms in Mushroom Hill Zone.
- Alice: Madness Returns has the "Amanita Muscaria" within Wonderland of different cosmetic varieties that rigidly shoots Alice upwards almost vertically regardless of the angle of landing onto the mushroom.
- The Forbidden Forest in LEGO Harry Potter has them.
- In the Madagascar game, there was a minigame where you had to jump on mushrooms in a certain order. they were bouncy. In the same game, Alex was chasing you in a level and he would bounce up and down on a mushroom hoping to get you.
- Seen in The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, if only at the end of the shrinking animation on tree stumps.
- Kao the Kangaroo: Round 2.
- There was a Sega Genesis game called The Aquatic Games that was part of the James Pond series. It had a variant of this involving sea sponges used in a gymnastics level.
- The Flash game Nelly.