The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
- Adored by the Network: Currently Nickelodeon's top show, and they've obviously decided to milk it for all it's worth.
- Cross-Dressing Voices: Patrick and Mermaid Man are voiced by Ikuko Tani (an old lady) in Japanese; Plankton, however, is voiced by Chie Matsuraa, a young woman who doesn't even try to match Plankton's English voice.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Yes, that is really Tom Kenny you're seeing dressed up like a dime-store Halloween pirate.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: There are a lot of celebrity cameos, ranging from David Bowie to Amy Poehler and even Johnny Depp.
- Don't forget they have Clancy Brown as Mr. Krabs. Yes, THAT Clancy Brown.
- Before SpongeBob, Tom Kenny voiced another hyperactive man child from another Nickelodeon show.
- Can you imagine Sandy screaming "Leon!"? There you go.
- Cindy Vortex...
- Alton Brown as Nicky!
- Ernest Borgnine and Tim Conway as Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy.
- Neptune is Seinfeld Peterman!
- In the movie, he's more George Sr.
- In Germany, Patchy is Robbie Rotten, Spongebob is Steve Urkel, and Mr. Krabs is Chuck Norris of all people!
- This is nothing compared to France, where Spongebob is Johann Liebert. Yes, that's right, Spongebob is a Complete Monster. Patrick is Mr Lancer, and Squidward was Mr Garrison (later Wakko Warner). Amusingly, Plankton and Mr. Krabs share a voice actor.
- Spain has Tinky Winky as Spongebob (this doesn't help the Ambiguously Gay part one bit), while Patrick is Dora's map.
- The Dirty Bubble was also Killer until Charles Nelson Reilly, sadly, died in 2007.
- Patrick was once another gluttonous, not-so-bright comic relief character.
- The Flying Dutchman is Captain K'Nunckles!
- Flats and the Tattletale Strangler are Biff Tannen!
- And Man Ray was Gimli! Or Sallah.
- Non-Singing Voice: Ever wonder why Mr. Krabs sounds so weird when he sings in "Welcome to the Chum Bucket"? Yes, that's Dee Bradley Baker singing, not Clancy Brown.
- The Other Darrin: Man Ray's first appearance in "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V" was voiced by Guy Siner and John Rhys-Davies. Man Ray's subsequent appearances have been voiced by Bob Joles.
- Every Background fishes voices changed a lot.
- Recycled Script: A few old episodes of the show seem to have recycled plots from other Nicktoons. "Toy Store of Doom", for example, has essentially the same plot as the Rugrats episode "Toy Palace" (they get locked in a closed toy store and are afraid the toys will attack them), while "Banned in Bikini Bottom" (Krabby Patties are outlawed and Mr. Krabs starts selling them at SpongeBob's house secretly) is similar to the Cat Dog episode "Just Say CatDog Sent You".
- What Could Have Been: Apparently Adult Swim asked if the creator would be willing to make a Darker and Edgier SpongeBob show on their network, where Patrick and SpongeBob would be a gay couple, ala Ren and Stimpy. He declined.
- Word of God: Stephen Hillenburg has made it perfectly clear that SpongeBob is (despite what most Moral Guardians and the LGBT community seem to think) Asexual. He knew that sea sponges, in real life, can reproduce asexually.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.