The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Anticlimax Boss: Justified - the Mask wants to take revenge on the Corrupted for an eternity of slavery, so he summons them - and instead of putting them in Dr. West's super-bodies, the Mask traps them into a relatively weak body made up of the corpses of Rick's victims, forcing them to face an humiliating (but not total) defeat.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: The metal soundtrack from the 2010 remake.
- Crosses the Line Twice: The remake's Gorn is gleefully lampshaded by the Terror Mask, one quote in particular (paraphrasing):
Terror Mask: See, this is the type of shit that got us an M-Rating.
- Cult Classic
- Demonic Spiders: The fetuses in the sixth stage of the first game.
- Freud Was Right: One of the monsters in the 2010 version, the Abhore has a huge, bloated right arm that leaks a.... weird fluid whenever it's swung around. Possibly lampshaded by the mask.
- 8.8: The reviews from most gaming magazines and websites.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Biggy Man, the third boss of the first game; maybe because he's got CHAINSAWS FOR HANDS and because, without knowing the right tricks, he's a That One Boss.
- He became so popular with fans that when the new Splatterhouse was announced, fans begged to have Biggy Man return - so Namco Bandai made it happen.
- Excuse Plot: Demons kidnapped your girlfriend. Maim them. Slightly less so in the Remake.
- Fan Nickname: Captain Mozzarella, a name given to the final boss of the first game due to his tattered skin's resemblence to melted cheese.
- Goddamned Bats: There are many candidates, but the ghosts who possess you and scramble your controls have surely killed many a player, especially in one area which is filled with pits and other hazards.
- From the 2010 game comes the Aegis: a tentacled horror that never attacks on his own, but makes all other monsters invincible, actively runs away from you and teleports away if you get too close, forcing you to use the shoulder tackle to pin him down. And since the thing LOVES to hang around exactly in the middle of enemy crowds...
- The Blue Skeletons. They can slice off your arm in one slice, and kill you in two. And when you're unarmed they take forever to kill. And towards the end, they start coming in groups.
- Most Annoying Sound: The Giant Boreworm in the third game. It's horrendous laugh will echo through your head for the rest of the game.
- Narm: DAVID IS ONLY MEMORY
- Nightmare Fuel:
- Player Punch: Frequently, especially in the third game.
- So Okay It's Average: The 2010 game, when it's not bombarded with too much criticism, is generally considered this, the story received quite a lot of praise, however.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.