The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
- If you're fighting the Terror Mask as the final boss of the third game... then what is Rick wearing on his face??
- It's probably a Battle in the Center of the Mind. Rick is probably able to use part of the Mask's raw power against it, hence why it seems to still wear it.
- Also in the two of the possible bad endings in the game - David dies as Jennifer and Rick lives or Jennifer dies as David and Rick lives - as the Terror Mask lies defeated it says that as long as there is evil in world it will always find it's way back, all this because Rick carries the pain of letting one of his dear ones die in the process; but in the good ending - Rick, David and Jennifer lives - the Mask really dies as an old trinquet, so just because Rick isn't in pain for a huge loss in his family, the Mask can no longer nourish itself with all the evils in the world?
- Power of Love?
- Maybe because the Mask acts like a symbiote to such a degree that if its own host destroys it and the host is not suffering from any pain of loss that it will just be Killed Off for Real.
- Actually, I believe the Mask said that it lives not through evil, but suffering. Unless the English version was a bad translation, what with things like "if you wonder aimlessly"...
- An intelligent question for the remake: In the tenth chapter you discover that West's revived bride was captured by an angry mob and put in a Wicker Man to be burnt. However, how could the mob take her from West's mansion, which was probably filled with lots of monsters that can easily kill a masked Rick, let alone puny humans?
- I'm pretty sure West didn't start cranking out monsters until after Leonora was killed, given that was his primary motive for doing so.
- From the remake, we have the thing in the basement: WHAT THE HELL. I mean, it's obviously a Cthulu reference, but there's just so many unanswered questions about it.. is it Cthulu itself? is it an aspect? Something else? How does West keep it under control? Why doesn't it just smash the glass of its container like nothing? What was West's plan for it? Does West even remember it was down there? I mean, there are no notes about it that you can find, and West doesn't even mention it when you find him later in the level. So many unanswered questions about this guy, I wanna know!
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.